• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Here is the main problem

Basbear

The thing about Young being benched is that now we know exactly what we have talent wise. We have no pass rush, and defenders who miss too many tackles and allow too much YAC. On offense we have good interior pass protection, so-so exterior pass protection, WRs who are decent but don't win enough on 50/50 balls and have inconsistent hands.

Taken all together, along with other factors, and you have a lower tier team that isn't rock bottom, but isn't going to sniff the playoffs. The top priority now is obviously to improve the pass rush in the 2025 draft. 

Fitt was an awful GM, and too many of his draft picks didn't pan out. We should have traded Brain Burns for two first round picks, and kept CMC. This team with a healthy CMC is close to making the playoffs imo.

Me too. He has been horrible to watch play. I mean from the 1st game where he threw those two picks.

Funny thing is, when that game happened I was bewildered, not sure at all what I was watching. But it was so bad. I remember trying to figure out what I had seen and trying to make sense of it.

After watching him try to play for a season, I went back to check a couple of things and it didn't seem that bad. We have been conditioned to a new low bar for not that bad.

Edited by strato

You're overall roster talent is basically two things

1, maximizing cheap talent (your last 4 drafts)

2, maximizing cap space (good FA pickups at fair prices)

Going to take a couple good drafts to turn around the mess Fitterer left.

Luckily there doesn't seem to be too many bad FA contracts we're stuck with long term. Sanders and Ian Thomas should both be coming off soon. After that there's really nothing too bad outside of B.Young who we'll probably end up trading and unload his contract that way.

1 hour ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

You're overall roster talent is basically two things

1, maximizing cheap talent (your last 4 drafts)

2, maximizing cap space (good FA pickups at fair prices)

Going to take a couple good drafts to turn around the mess Fitterer left.

Luckily there doesn't seem to be too many bad FA contracts we're stuck with long term. Sanders and Ian Thomas should both be coming off soon. After that there's really nothing too bad outside of B.Young who we'll probably end up trading and unload his contract that way.

Can't cry over spilled milk. I'm just happy Fitterer is gone and Morgan is doing well to rebuild this roster. 

Picks 1-4 in 2024 draft class seem to be pretty solid picks. The bottom half of class needs developing.