• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do we attempt to extend Diontae this season?

Johnson is elite at routes, foot speed, and getting space. 

His problem is rule #1 for WR, his hands are sus. We have already seen part of the reason pitt gave him away even with the elite traits. You got to catch the ball, if not nothing else matters.

It would be similar to BB players who cannot shoot jumpers, but is great at driving, layups, and free throws. Players give him the space and watch the bricks.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, WarHeel said:

Steve Smith, Moose, and Proehl say “hello.”

Great group. Still think they’d be outdone by a grouping of Higgins/Legette/Worthy if they’re together 4+ years. Especially if Dalton is throwing to them for a few. 

8 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Johnson is elite at routes, foot speed, and getting space. 

His problem is rule #1 for WR, his hands are sus. We have already seen part of the reason pitt gave him away even with the elite traits. You got to catch the ball, if not nothing else matters.

It would be similar to BB players who cannot shoot jumpers, but is great at driving, layups, and free throws. Players give him the space and watch the bricks.

Hey Westbrook did win an MVP lol 

• Flames 1

We get to see him against Horn in practice. The staff does WRs, they are supposed to know his value. 

Yes to hearing offers before the deadline. And if you are going to pay top dollar, shop around. There will be options, at least see what they are.

• Pie 1

42 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

You have a beanie baby??? 

Maybe.  You got a million dollars? Was told I could retire on this bad boy when I got it.

*no, I don’t have a beanie baby 

2 hours ago, CRA said:

I think Johnson's ceiling is really a #2.   His hands aren't good enough and that 50/50 ball sort of highlights what he isn't.  He isn't a rookie like Leggette.  He basically is what he will be. 

I loved what I saw out of Leggette.  He is raw.  First real start.  Basically had Johnson numbers.  But once the game slows down....you got to like the way he already uses his body out there. 

Leggette is still raw, as you say. He dropped 2 balls and still had 66 yards.  If he did that every game, that is a 1000+ yard season.  He is body catching too much, but when he catches with his hands, the ball sticks.  I am not down on Mingo like others--he is slowly coming around and if we can have his as our #4, I am fine with him there.  Coker is the wild card. 

9 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Leggette is still raw, as you say. He dropped 2 balls and still had 66 yards.  If he did that every game, that is a 1000+ yard season.  He is body catching too much, but when he catches with his hands, the ball sticks.  I am not down on Mingo like others--he is slowly coming around and if we can have his as our #4, I am fine with him there.  Coker is the wild card. 

I feel come draft time, you need to spend ANOTHER 2nd or 3rd at WR. I feel they will trade/cut AT and johnson will get paid by other team. I hate to say this, but nearly 98% that early 1st is needed at edge. Then you again go to the 2nd round WR well and try to hit on one. (pls god/s...)

Just not only need talent, but difference makers and those mainly come in the first 60 or so picks. I feel you could make a good case for CB too. I think they need to draft two edges as well. Plus in the mid-rounds they need a top backup DL. Plus by any means, get a NT if this 3-4 must continue.....too many problems.

1 hour ago, CRA said:

feel like I need to bump some of those old Robbie Anderson is better than DJ Moore and we got to pay that guy even we got to overpay him a little threads…. 

In their defense Johnson is a much more talented WR than Robbie was… Robbie was a one trick pony. Johnson is good at the whole route tree. However I do understand the point you are making. Any WR that looks halfway decent we want to throw money at.