• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do we attempt to extend Diontae this season?

Panthercougar68

We shouldn't consider a trade unless we get a REALLY good offer; like a 1st rounder.

Even then I wouldn't consider that unless Diontae has communicated to us that he doesn't plan to re-sign here. Based on his play so far he's more valuable than a 1st rounder we'd likely use to take a flyer on another receiver to replace him.

People are assuming he doesn't want to be here, but we don't know that at all. The only thing we do know is he wants to be paid; I imagine if we offer him a contract he's happy with any reservations he may (or may not) have will pretty quickly disappear.

• Beer 1

18 hours ago, PappyMay said:

I would love to keep him and expect him to keep performing. His Instagram post yesterday literally has a picture of I Need Money from the movie How High. He'll be wanting a pay day I imagine over a contender. 

I don't have IG so didn't see his post but this is the sense I get from him. He doesn't care about playing for a contender as much as getting his bag.

18 hours ago, PappyMay said:

I would love to keep him and expect him to keep performing. His Instagram post yesterday literally has a picture of I Need Money from the movie How High. He'll be wanting a pay day I imagine over a contender. 

I could never fault him. In his position he needs that big pay day once and that has to take priority especially at his age.