• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do we attempt to extend Diontae this season?

47 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

In their defense Johnson is a much more talented WR than Robbie was… Robbie was a one trick pony. Johnson is good at the whole route tree. However I do understand the point you are making. Any WR that looks halfway decent we want to throw money at. 

But if you took a hot tube time machine back to that moment in time….no one was calling him a one trick pony.  I mean, he was better than DJ Moore per that movement….who is better than Johnson. 

reality proved that Robbie was what he had proven to be.  I think Johnson has played long enough odds favor him being what he has largely been.  It’s not like he didn’t have some random pretty dang good games in Pitt.  #2 types have good games 

• Pie 2

26 minutes ago, CRA said:

But if you took a hot tube time machine back to that moment in time….no one was calling him a one trick pony.  I mean, he was better than DJ Moore per that movement….who is better than Johnson. 

reality proved that Robbie was what he had proven to be.  I think Johnson has played long enough odds favor him being what he has largely been.  It’s not like he didn’t have some random pretty dang good games in Pitt.  #2 types have good games 

Yeah that’s what I’m saying. Johnson was good at Pittsburgh too with shitty QB play. He is a high end WR2 IMO and if a contract reflects that then I’m ok with it. I’d prefer sending him to the highest bidder if the price is good (2nd rounder would be nice!). 

11 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah that’s what I’m saying. Johnson was good at Pittsburgh too with shitty QB play. He is a high end WR2 IMO and if a contract reflects that then I’m ok with it. I’d prefer sending him to the highest bidder if the price is good (2nd rounder would be nice!). 

I’m down for paying top tier #2 WR money when we got a QB and a #1 WR in place 

• Pie 1

A lot of players find themselves in Diontae's position and use a situation like ours to re-elevate and get a new multi-year contract.  We're a bridge year for him.  

Just depends if he actually likes it here enough to consider a contract in house, but he's obviously going to go to the highest offer and best spot for him, very likely not here.

Would love to see us rebuild around that Arizona receiver.  It's rare to get a guy that size with that much finese in route running.