• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do we attempt to extend Diontae this season?

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

nobody is giving a first or 2nd for a 11ish game rental, get real

Never said it would happen. But if he balls out up to the trade deadline a team like KC or Buffalo could definitely get desperate and give up a 1st or 2nd.

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I'm leaning towards sending DJ and AT to the highest bidder if (when) we only have a couple wins at the trade deadline.  Get Coker some more playing time and David Moore can be our vet.  The name of the game this year is to develop our young pieces (XL, Mingo, JT, Brooks, Wallace etc).  

I think christ could be on the block too. He can play all 5 OL and has great 2022 tape. I doubt the panthers can resign to some backup deal, see if someone tosses a 3rd and take it!

RB- sanders or huddard for some team making the playoff push could be worth mid for hubbard or a late rounder for the getting cut sanders.

CB- Hill for a late rounder, even other names out there including horn........ Its a deep spot and dane jackson is coming back soon (i think). Mike Jackson play has his value at a peak and hes a FA. I hate to see him go, but 4th or 5th rounder would help the rebuilding project. 

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I mean you can easily argue he was with Pickett and rudolph for a chunk of that.  I dont think he is a true #1 in the nfl sense but he is easily ours and is allowing us to run an offense so to me he is a #1 wr. 

There’s 32 NFL teams. Only 8 or so have a superstar #1 so I think it gets inflated.. yes he is definitely an NFL #1, just not a superstar game breaker 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

He will reject that.  

thats is worth, if another team wants to go nuts then let them go crazy

I am saying we negotiate now since he is here maybe he does a 3 year deal 60 mil something like 30is guaranteed .  Do that or risk hitting the open market or get hurt or whatever.  From that list that is his worth

• Pie 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

I am saying we negotiate now since he is here maybe he does a 3 year deal 60 mil something like 30is guaranteed .  Do that or risk hitting the open market or get hurt or whatever.  From that list that is his worth

I’d like this deal. Gets him off the books at early 30 when we need to pay Mingo and XL if we keep them both 

Yeah and Burns wasn't worth 30 million a year but some dumb team paid him it.  These contracts get larger and larger each yeah and if he thinks he is a WR1 (which he does) he will want his money.  If we can sign him for $20 million or less, I'd be all for it.  I just don't see him agreeing to that...

Just now, jb2288 said:

I’d like this deal. Gets him off the books at early 30 when we need to pay Mingo and XL if we keep them both 

I mean he jsut got hurt last game so he knows how volatile things are, say look man we want you here, this is the deal.  Take it or bet on yourself this season and see what the free market looks like

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

What did we get for Burns/Moore/Cmac?

We got nothing because they don't know how to draft good talent!

We wanted Burns gone yet we got nobody to replace what he brings which was QB pressure. The Dline is a joke!

Tepper would be better off hiring me as GM. I would have this franchise headed in the right direction under 2 years. 

Moore was a disaster of a trade, it should never have happened. He was on a good contract and he shouldn't have been on the block. Burns should have been a blockbuster trade, what they got was a guy who wasn't worth the contract from that fallout for a 2nd. CMC would have just been ruined here quicker since that is where he is now anyways, an injury prone RB for a 2nd is not sexy but it's justified. 

I'm fine with finding another GM too. A team in the gutter like this one needs to learn to draft better or it won't matter because you can't buy your way out of this mess with the cap in place. I'm not put off by getting more draft capital because that is the right move here. Yeah the D line stinks but that's why I said don't spend big at OG. It's wasn't worth it and this deal at the amount he is looking for isn't worth it for the team. That D isn't going to get better by overpaying more people on the other side. 

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Yeah and Burns wasn't worth 30 million a year but some dumb team paid him it.  These contracts get larger and larger each yeah and if he thinks he is a WR1 (which he does) he will want his money.  If we can sign him for $20 million or less, I'd be all for it.  I just don't see him agreeing to that...

then he and his agent are dumb because a ton of things can happen between now and free agency.  hell bump the guaranteed pay up a bit if that is what it takes.

then he and his agent are dumb because a ton of things can happen between now and free agency.  hell bump the guaranteed pay up a bit if that is what it takes.

Burns got his money.  He wasn't worth it.  

49 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He could simply walk at the end of the year.  If you can get a 2nd for him do it in a heartbeat.  If they offer a 3rd and change then you need to really think about it.

But nobody is giving us a 2nd for a player without a deal in place

If a team like the Jets or KC traded a 2nd for him typically in these situations they’re about to give him a deal trades like this are done with the agent knowing they have a deal in place once he’s traded.