• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do we attempt to extend Diontae this season?

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

Probably not.  We would have to overpay him if he had a good season and our cap situation already stinks.  

Interesting once again letting another good player leave because we can't afford him.

This guy is getting open on a consistent basis. His drops won't matter over time. He's gonna have a hell of a season because he's good at his job. If we don't plan on extending him then we should trade him point blank.

Don't let your asset leave for nothing. Cmon guys we can't keep doing this every year.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Panthercougar68 said:

If its a crazy deal I can see it but all you keep seeing people throw around are 3rds and 4ths.

Fans of other teams seem to think the panthers only have a handful of picks and no first next year

We currently have 9 picks.

It would need to be at least a 2nd or say a 2026 1st. Rice being hurt is huge for KC. They could have lost every single game so far and Kelce without Rice still only managed 7 for 80. Their running game is hurt. They are 4-0 and have the tiebreaker with the Ravens. A trade might be the only way to keep them with a chance. We could take advantage of their weakness right now.

36 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Interesting once again letting another good player leave because we can't afford him.

This guy is getting open on a consistent basis. His drops won't matter over time. He's gonna have a hell of a season because he's good at his job. If we don't plan on extending him then we should trade him point blank.

Don't let your asset leave for nothing. Cmon guys we can't keep doing this every year.

There are guys like him in every draft. Guys like Dell and Downs. Just because we can’t draft quick/get open WRs doesn’t mean they aren’t there.

We aren’t a contender. Yes, we beat the Raiders, but that’s all we got. We have a chance to beat bad teams if the D doesn’t poo the bed. If we can get a good long term asset, we should. Not a day 3 pick but a legit pick from a team that is a contender and is in desperate need of a quality WR. Heck, who’s to say we can throw money at DJ after the season since Rice will likely be healthy for 2025.

1 hour ago, Panthera onca said:

Depends on what the Chiefs are willing to give up for him.

Yeah, we would be fools to not consider offers especially if Johnson has no intention on resigning here.

So, we should at least have some preliminary discussions if very good trade offers are made. We have time before week 10.

I really hope we don't hear any crazy poo like us turning down a 2nd, 3rd and 5th or some poo only for us to watch him just leave for free in thr offseason.

Just now, ECHornet said:

Johnson + Mingo + 2025 4th 

for

Worthy

Let the Xaviers unite to solidify our WR room for the next 4.5 years. 

Their cheap contracts would allow us to compete for signing Higgins. 

Higgins/Legette outside with Worthy in the slot is likely the best WR corp ever for our franchise. 

Steve Smith, Moose, and Proehl say “hello.”

If he has no intentions of re-signing, which I would assume we know at this point, trade him for whatever you can get. 

Hell, if nothing else, just let him know we'd love to have him back and go after him in FA while picking up a pick for the rental this season. 

52 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

We are rebuilding team yet have no cap. It is what it is.  Overpaying vets isn’t what you do.  You can’t mismanage going forward because we mismanaged in the past. 

what we should do is exactly what we did with Johnson.  Find another discount vet.  We are so starved for offense all it took was 1 game and folks want him locked up. 

• Pie 3

Is he yet another guy who we would give big $$ to and then peace out? This is all a part of getting the right kind of people locked up long term. Robbie Anderson part. 2. He’s obviously talented so why did the Steelers let him go? 

If we can get at least a first, I’d seriously consider. I don’t like giving someone that’s iffy big $$$. Robbie. Anderson. 

I tend to look at windows--our window is going to be open between 2025 and 2029, based on the ages and contracts of the core players, imo.  I would trade if it makes us better in the long run, but you have to remember that a second round pick is only 70% likely to be successful in the NFL (PFF).  If you spend $25m per year on Johnson, that could be used to pay several players on a first contract. 

If Johnson was 25 or 26 and he had no history of being a problem child, I would consider it.  However, Legette is looking like he could be a #1.  If we could get a #2 from KC and find a WR #2 in the draft, then Mingo, Coker, and another year with Thielen (contract) might be enough. 

Johnson is good, but he did drop 2 balls Sunday.  In all, I think I counted 5 drops by Panther WRs---that is the difference of the game, imo.

• Pie 2

it's already been reported that we want to see if he fits our offense before thinking about an extension.  It looks to me like he does.

But this will be his "get paid" contract so he'll only care about who offers him the most money.  I also think there were some attitude issues in Pittsburgh.  I do want a proven vet on the field with our young guys.  Two drops Sunday is also a concern