• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do we attempt to extend Diontae this season?

Naturally the KC chiefs fans think Diontae will be traded to them before the deadline because they are spoiled but anyway.

Do you think these past two games have shown that Diontae can be here for the long haul or do we wait and see how the season plays out.

I think an extension would be good to keep offensive pieces consistent.

• Beer 1

Just now, Panthera onca said:

Depends on what the Chiefs are willing to give up for him.

If its a crazy deal I can see it but all you keep seeing people throw around are 3rds and 4ths.

Fans of other teams seem to think the panthers only have a handful of picks and no first next year

We currently have 9 picks.

This is a guy we need to keep, really like his game with a competent QB. Defenses are going to have to game plan for him and Dalton. That is going to open up other guys for lots of opportunities, hopefully they get the drops out of their system. 

• Pie 3

Johnson + Mingo + 2025 4th 

for

Worthy

Let the Xaviers unite to solidify our WR room for the next 4.5 years. 

Their cheap contracts would allow us to compete for signing Higgins. 

Higgins/Legette outside with Worthy in the slot is likely the best WR corp ever for our franchise. 

Edited by ECHornet

See if Buffalo is dumb enough to trade a 1st for him at the trade deadline.

If not you keep him. He has a problem with drops, but my goodness this dude is elite at getting open. We haven't had that kind of WR in a while. I like him, but I do recognize he could also be a valuable piece for a draft pick.

I'm cool either way as long as the value makes sense trade or extension.

I'd trade him for a 1st, but no way in hell for a 2nd and some scraps. No thanks. We have WRs who can produce right now, and an aging QB. Don't take Dalton's weapons away with the idea of slowly bringing some rookies in to learn. If Dalton is clicking with a vet, then the vet stays unless we get a crazy offer. 1st round pick would be a crazy offer, but anything less and hell no to that.

• Pie 1

I'd shop him to contenders with need at the deadline. He's playing well but he's a headcase. That's why the Steelers were happy to ship him off for a 6th. I'd honestly rather have good draft compensation than sink big guaranteed money into a guy who might be a taking time bomb. I'd definitely keep him through the season and take the comp pick afterwards if we were developing a young QB but that's just not the case.

He and XL should be viewed as our 1 and 2 for the next 4 years. If everything is worked out correctly, DJs money should be coming off the books when it’s time to extend XL.

We can’t afford to keep trading away our proven WR threats.

• Pie 2