• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shaq Thompson torn Achilles

Shaq was a good player for us. Maybe he wasn't considered a "great" but definitely a leader on our team. Sucks if this is how it ends for him but that's life in the NFL. I hope he fully recovers and is able to enjoy the rest of his life pain free. Have to think this is the end for him

• Beer 1

32 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Shaq was a good player for us. Maybe he wasn't considered a "great" but definitely a leader on our team. Sucks if this is how it ends for him but that's life in the NFL. I hope he fully recovers and is able to enjoy the rest of his life pain free. Have to think this is the end for him

Yeah, he was a guy that came in at the wrong time with massive shoes to fill. Very underappreciated for sticking with this franchise through many a dumpster fire year. A solid but unspectacular Panther and a guy that deserves to be remembered fondly and not with the level of vitriol that some throw at him.

By all accounts a very solid dude and excellent teammate. 

• Pie 3

Shaq said in the off-season he wanted to play 5 more years......... I think he will want to play, but I dont know if panthers are the team. I know he wants to play in carolina, but who knows how a MLB GM goes about this touchy deal. 

Maybe they can agree to some small vet deal, but I dont see shaq as a backup if wallace takes off. 

Believe it or not he was one of the first LBs that had great coverage skills. passing league. but hes got age and ach killer. sucks alllll around.