• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

As fans have we unanimously concluded that Bryce Young IS THE PROBLEM

TheBigKat

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I'm ok with this as long as we bring on some legit competition.  A younger player with some upside to get behind a bridge QB plus Bryce.  We need a Plan B and C because the odds are stacked against him right now.  

It's going to be very, very interesting seeing how the grades for this year's QB class shake out. I can't help but believe that a quality guy is going to get a mid-round grade that'll make them a possible steal.

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Icege said:

Serious as a heart attack. 6'1" 209lbs vs. 5'10" 205lbs. We're talking a five pound difference here. 

Also, from Baker's NFL.com scouting report...

It's completely okay to not like the kid and have your opinion of him. It's beyond dishonest though to sit here and pretend that 3" and 5lbs are the only thing separating Bryce from being an NFL-caliber QB in a year or two.

lol Bryce is not 205

and Baker’s arm is legit

I can’t get link to work. Here’s Baker chucking it 70 yards. I’d let Bryce have all day to try and sniff 70 with the wind at his back

Edited by *FreeFua*
  • Pie 1

10 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Howell reminds me a lot of Baker.  I feel like Canales' offense would work well with him.  Too bad Seattle just traded for him or I'd be tempted to throw a lower pick to acquire him.  

Yep I’ve said before I would’ve liked to have traded for him because he’s a much better fit than Young in Canales’ system

The trade ideas being pitched in here are mostly retarded, if I am honest.

The odds if him being moved before the offseason, very slim.

The odds that he is going to fetch more than a mid round pick, also quite slim.

Also, the insane level of hatred for the guy is a little bit much. He technically never did anything wrong. He played his cards right and got selected #1 overall. He tried his best(yes, that is what we are seeing despite all the insane takes) and it turns out he just isn't an NFL caliber QB. He didn't draft himself and he certainly didn't trade a massive haul to get himself. He is no more at fault than Rickey Williams was for having the Saints trade an entire draft class to get him. 

Take a breath, fuging focus on the fact that we have a new QB now and Bryce Young shouldn't be ruining your Sunday, unless you are quite literally mentally ill. 

Otherwise, this is rent free space you are allowing you to have in your own dome, which is basically schizophrenic behavior.

This chapter will be over soon enough. Calm. Down.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

6 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

lol Bryce is not 205

and Baker’s arm is legit

And there's where the good faith argument ceases because reality is denied: He officially weighed in at 204lbs at the combine.

If you want to believe what some AFC executive said because it fits your narrative, that's your decision to go with your feelings on. I'm going with what the scale said in Indy before he was drafted along with the fact that most guys put on weight after being in the league. The concern with Bryce was that he wouldn't be able to put much more on, so he wasn't going to walk around @ 220lbs.

So again, we're looking at a 5lbs difference here and according to you that means he'll never be able to compete in the NFL. That just doesn't make any rational sense.

Edited by Icege

Just now, Icege said:

And there's where the good faith argument ceases because reality is denied: He officially weighed in at 204lbs at the combine.

If you want to believe what some AFC executive said because it fits your narrative, that's your decision to go with your feelings on. I'm going with what the scale said in Indy before he was drafted along with the fact that most guys put on weight after getting the league. Bryce's concern was that he wouldn't be able to put much more on, so he wasn't going to walk around @ 220lbs.

So again, we're looking at a 5lbs difference here and according to you that means he'll never be able to compete in the NFL. That just doesn't make any rational sense.

His combine weight… man come on. Have you never added a ton of water weight overnight?

I’ve done as much as 14lbs

Everyone knew that 205 at the combine was a load of sh!t. It wasn’t a true number. His only focus at the combine was to be as heavy as possible since he wasn’t throwing or doing anything else. 

4 minutes ago, Icege said:

Serious as a heart attack. 6'1" 209lbs vs. 5'10" 205lbs. We're talking a five pound difference here. 

Also, from Baker's NFL.com scouting report...

It's completely okay to not like the kid and have your opinion of him. It's beyond dishonest though to sit here and pretend that 3" and 5lbs are the only thing separating Bryce from being an NFL-caliber QB in a year or two. He's been bad, yea, but again, we're seeing guys this year take off that have been written off for a looong time (and were Panthers recently!).

A 3” height disparity and substantial difference in arm strength are fairly major qualifiers in comparing any two QBs. And you have to consider the build/stature rather than simply the weight difference. They are rather different. Not to mention Baker is a guy who likes to step up and operate in the pocket a lot more. 

I’m not sold what you’re selling here. 

15 minutes ago, Icege said:

It's going to be very, very interesting seeing how the grades for this year's QB class shake out. I can't help but believe that a quality guy is going to get a mid-round grade that'll make them a possible steal.

The only problem is some will just opt to play another year and get NIL money if they aren't going to be a top pick.  For example I find Allar intriguing, but he is only a junior and will just play another year if he isn't projected as a 1st rounder IMO...

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Bear Hands said:

A 3” height disparity and substantial difference in arm strength are fairly major qualifiers in comparing any two QBs. And you have to consider the build/stature rather than simply the weight difference. They are rather different. Not to mention Baker is a guy who likes to step up and operate in the pocket a lot more. 

I’m not sold what you’re selling here. 

Then why was 5'11" 206lbs Russell Wilson one of the better deep ball throwers if the height/weight are playing as much of an influence on the arm as being proposed?

I'm not buying that being 1" shorter than Russell Wilson and 5lbs lighter than Baker Mayfield is why Bryce can't be a QB in the NFL. Yea, he needs to sit and reset for sure; preferably, for the rest of the season until the team knows whether or not it's in the postseason. I'll buy that and then some.

But in a season where we're seeing Sam Darnold, Baker Mayfield, Justin Fields, and Malik Willis make it work after folks had already written them off it is certifiably insane to comfortably assume that Bryce's career is done.

4 minutes ago, Icege said:

Then why was 5'11" 206lbs Russell Wilson one of the better deep ball throwers if the height/weight are playing as much of an influence on the arm as being proposed?

I'm not buying that being 1" shorter than Russell Wilson and 5lbs lighter than Baker Mayfield is why Bryce can't be a QB in the NFL. Yea, he needs to sit and reset for sure; preferably, for the rest of the season until the team knows whether or not it's in the postseason. I'll buy that and then some.

But in a season where we're seeing Sam Darnold, Baker Mayfield, Justin Fields, and Malik Willis make it work after folks had already written them off it is certifiably insane to comfortably assume that Bryce's career is done.

This is a strange hill to die on knowing what we know 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Icege said:

If you want to believe what some AFC executive said because it fits your narrative, that's your decision to go with your feelings on. I'm going with what the scale said in Indy before he was drafted along with the fact that most guys put on weight after being in the league. The concern with Bryce was that he wouldn't be able to put much more on, so he wasn't going to walk around @ 220lbs.

Bro...

Bryce isn't 204. Everyone knows it. Everyone at the combine knew it. Even people who wanted to draft Bryce first overall knew it. It was artificially inflated weight which is why he didn't do any drills at the combine and didn't weigh in at his pro day.

You're the one making the bad faith argument here.

It is not a 5 lb difference.

Also Baker, Wilson, Darnold, Fields, Willis, and Murray all have stronger arms than Bryce. Murray, Fields, and Wilson are elite athletes to go along with their stronger arms. Darnold and Willis aren't elite athletes but better athletes and more gifted physically than Bryce.

Bryce proved to be much more durable than anyone anticipated last year. No knock there. But the mental side of his game, his supposed best traits from college, did not translate to the NFL. Without that, he's an undersized, weak armed, at best average athlete with poor mechanics and terrible footwork playing QB at the NFL level where everyone is bigger, faster, stronger, and smarter than college.

I really thought the mental side of the game would compensate for his physical shortcomings. They did not. Turns out he isn't as far ahead mentally as we thought.

42 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Can anyone name a single strength of Young’s game?

a single tool you can build off of?

It doesn't exist in the NFL. Right now his strongest skills are cashing checks and being a cheerleader. 

Doesn't matter. The excuses are still out there. All I hope in his regards is we aren't the dummies that try to prove there is some untapped well of talent that was already missed. He can't see the field for poo and even he knows he can't make the throws. People comparing him to Baker are high or blind. 

• Pie 1