• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

As fans have we unanimously concluded that Bryce Young IS THE PROBLEM

TheBigKat

4 hours ago, Waldo said:

But Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield...

It's the Brees thing all over again. Some of these guys are just Wilsons and Lances. And those guys actually had intangibles to try the whole project thing. Young as a project has shown no upside. His technique is beyond bad. His vision is bad. His physicals are not NFL level. He knows it and won't throw the ball farther than the LOS because without a high completion percentage he has nothing at all so he holds onto it as his lifeline.

It's comical. Not worth the fight IMO when you can just laugh at the absurdity of it all. I'm laughing still

I'm just grateful they've finally stopped comparing Bryce to Peyton Manning. Yeesh, could you imagine the dearth of football knowledge and common sense that enabled this retarded comparison in the first place?

• Beer 1
  • Flames 2

8 minutes ago, MRenshaw said:

I'm just grateful they've finally stopped comparing Bryce to Peyton Manning. Yeesh, could you imagine the dearth of football knowledge and common sense that enabled this retarded comparison in the first place?

I went and watched Paton's rookie year scores and interceptions over the offseason. They looked nothing alike. Payton was under center and slinging it around like a gunslinger with outrageous picks but still looked like a future HOFer. He was already commanding the line but also had issues reading the D. Nothing but confidence that he would figure it out with him. Complete opposites IMO

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

I went and watched Paton's rookie year scores and interceptions over the offseason. They looked nothing alike. Payton was under center and slinging it around like a gunslinger with outrageous picks but still looked like a future HOFer. He was already commanding the line but also had issues reading the D. Nothing but confidence that he would figure it out with him. Complete opposites IMO

Not only did Peyton pass the eye test during his rookie year, but many of his vital QB stats were already elite: he ranked third in total passing yards, fifth in passing TDs, and fourth in first-down completions. There was absolutely no question that he would become truly elite once he got acclimated to NFL defenses and reduced the interception numbers, which he did the very next year. Bryce, on the other hand, showed zero flashes as a rookie and had historically bad numbers across the board. On top of all that, he regressed in the second year, becoming unable to even make basic high school throws. The stupidity of the Peyton comparison is simply staggering. The level of football knowledge possessed by Bryce defenders is on par with their idol's quarterback skills. They truly deserve each other.

Edited by MRenshaw
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

6 hours ago, Waldo said:

'If I say 'hard pass' on Bryce Young, that may be the first time anyone has associated 'hard pass' and 'Bryce Young' since he's been in the league.'

'Jesus Christ first Zach Wilson and now this. Is there another crappier player we can start a thread about? Let’s ask Ryan Leaf to come out of retirement.'

One guy went the predraft info route and finished it with 'he has a snappy quick realease' which told me he has no idea what he is talking about and hasn't watched him play.

Lots of if you let Tua stand on top of him you have a real QB...HAHAHAHA

Sure for a 7th and a box of used rubbers.

Sold!

• Flames 1