• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

As fans have we unanimously concluded that Bryce Young IS THE PROBLEM

TheBigKat

2 hours ago, Icege said:

Serious as a heart attack. 6'1" 209lbs vs. 5'10" 205lbs. We're talking a five pound difference here. 

Also, from Baker's NFL.com scouting report...

It's completely okay to not like the kid and have your opinion of him. It's beyond dishonest though to sit here and pretend that 3" and 5lbs are the only thing separating Bryce from being an NFL-caliber QB in a year or two. He's been bad, yea, but again, we're seeing guys this year take off that have been written off for a looong time (and were Panthers recently!).

Bryce Young is not 205 let's be real here.

Comparing Bryce to Baker at this point is beyond the pale. Maximum cope.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

8 hours ago, Waldo said:

When I said that last year I was met with disbelief. The line, the WR separation, etc. In the end he made everything around him worse. And trying to make him work here made the team worse. Lots of lessons in the Young failure. 

I think we have to see him again and I hope it is short and they just move on with Plumber or someone else. At this point I don't even think Young is a PS guy. There just is no upside with him at this level.

Same bro. Same. Pre draft too. I was actually about to re up some of those threads but I said it useless

Edited by ncsfinest21
  • Beer 1

7 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

Sam and to a degree Baker (not as physically gifted as Sam) have the physical tools to be successful. Baker has an arm and the willingness to push the ball downfield 

A good OC can work with that.

Bryce doesn’t have the physical tools to be successful at this level. It couldn’t be anymore clear. There’s literally not one thing Bryce has or does well that would appeal to any good OC. Which is why a 4th rounder was our best offer. The league has seen enough 

Sam and Baker already had some monikers coming in so the meh play added to the narrative. Plus they were both bad on the same team and neither could overcome the offensive dysfunction. Contrast that with Bryce looking terrible and Andy balling out with the same team. 

I don't see how we all got took so easy.  I believed it was possible that he could be good after watching him win so much in college and win all those award.  I think there were only a few mock drafts where he fell out of the first round.  I'm not sure how he was able to throw TD passes in college but can't do it now.  Maybe he threw too much in college wore out some tenders or maybe he took a hit to his shoulder from TJ Watt and can't actually throw down the field anymore.  Tepper probably covering it up.  I wonder if Tepper do a trade with the state of NC.  Trade the NFL rights to Bryce in exchange for the city of Rock Hill.  Tepper has done crazier things.

Anyway.  Keep Pounding.

This thread is the kind the Huddle once posted from other teams forums for us to laugh at and mock. 

• Pie 1

18 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

2 weeks

1 win

1 loss

both inspiring football! Bryce Young by all accounts is a good person, great family structure, well mannered. He's the type of guy you dream takes your daughter to prom and even proposes to one day

But what he ISN'T is an NFL caliber QB. Andy Medicare Dalton threw nearly every pass on the pass tree yesterday, he has an arm, he can sling it, he can look over an offensive line

Young has a noodle for an arm, he can't see over the line and watching him yesterday on the sideline he's literally the shortest person on that sideline including team personnel

Young "MAY" do well in a dink/dunk offense, something like 49ers / Dolphins where he has speedy guys who can do all the work. What Young will never be able to do is stand in a collapsing pocket and deliver a 20 yard laser to a receiver middle of the field, it's just physically impossible

After the Dolphins get blasted tonight, their GM will sheepishly call Morgan and offer a trade, accept it. You can still get a 2nd round pick for him, cut the losses and move on

Even 49ers/Dophins type offense requires a quarterback to complete high school throws, which Bryce simply can't do. 

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, outlaw4 said:

The real problems were the decision to mortgage so much in the first place just to draft a QB, apparent errors in player evaluation, a (then) new coaching staff at odds with one another, inadequate protection and weapons for such an important investment and a meddling owner who - at one point - was willing to mortgage even more for Deshaun Watson of all people. 

So basically, I can't have the same vitriol against BY as others because ultimately, the entire process was not conducive to success for everyone involved. Also, changing the player isn't as difficult as the process to get the next one and that should be the main concern. Otherwise, enter next college QB name to bash around here. 

Are you saying it is easier to fix Bryce Young than to find a better option? I think that is your point so I'll respond to that.

Better is really easy; take one of the UFDAs like Bagent of the other one the beat us last year... I forget who it was. Doesn't matter. The point is that unheralded nondescript guys are better for the NFL than Young. 

or the right option meaning the best, 

It was pretty easy last year as long as you didn't forget it is the NFL we are talking about not college.

Pick the guy that looks like he could be what we have seen succeed in the league before. And we had three guesses besides Bryce. 

They fuged up a slam dunk. 

As fas as fixing him, first I don't think you are really acknowledging his issues. They are so deeply fundamental to his  play that he has to to be totally rebuilt. But you have the restriction that you can't improve any of his physical shortcomings, that's a factory issue. 

So taking him as he is, and turning that into an NFL capable player that can read defenses and beat them with his arm, may as well hope to bring peace to the Middle East. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

17 hours ago, Icege said:

Kid was definitely the problem for the first two weeks this season, but with Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield out there doing well I'm surprised by the confidence some fans have declaring Bryce's NFL career over.

Then again, the same folks declaring his career over also blamed him for the OL not blocking last season and the WRs not getting separation so I guess it shouldn't be surprising.

Despite the overwhelming evidence the kid just isnt ready yet and the countless examples around the league you still have the cess pool of a fan base unable to connect the dots. These are the same people that let every opposing fan base take over at every opportunity so what do you expect?

54 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

Despite the overwhelming evidence the kid just isnt ready yet and the countless examples around the league you still have the cess pool of a fan base unable to connect the dots. These are the same people that let every opposing fan base take over at every opportunity so what do you expect?

You guys are missing the big picture looking at your little dots. It's comical that you ridicule others for seeing what you are unable to process. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

28 minutes ago, strato said:

You guys are missing the big picture looking at your little dots. It's comical that you ridicule others for seeing what you are unable to process. 

But Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield...

It's the Brees thing all over again. Some of these guys are just Wilsons and Lances. And those guys actually had intangibles to try the whole project thing. Young as a project has shown no upside. His technique is beyond bad. His vision is bad. His physicals are not NFL level. He knows it and won't throw the ball farther than the LOS because without a high completion percentage he has nothing at all so he holds onto it as his lifeline.

It's comical. Not worth the fight IMO when you can just laugh at the absurdity of it all. I'm laughing still

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, frankw said:

Maybe you should take a gander at the consensus thoughts from other teams fans on Bryce Young. Look outside your own echo chamber.

https://finheaven.com/threads/trade-for-bryce-young.384566/

'If I say 'hard pass' on Bryce Young, that may be the first time anyone has associated 'hard pass' and 'Bryce Young' since he's been in the league.'

'Jesus Christ first Zach Wilson and now this. Is there another crappier player we can start a thread about? Let’s ask Ryan Leaf to come out of retirement.'

One guy went the predraft info route and finished it with 'he has a snappy quick realease' which told me he has no idea what he is talking about and hasn't watched him play.

Lots of if you let Tua stand on top of him you have a real QB...HAHAHAHA

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, strato said:

Are you saying it is easier to fix Bryce Young than to find a better option? I think that is your point so I'll respond to that.

Better is really easy; take one of the UFDAs like Bagent of the other one the beat us last year... I forget who it was. Doesn't matter. The point is that unheralded nondescript guys are better for the NFL than Young. 

or the right option meaning the best, 

It was pretty easy last year as long as you didn't forget it is the NFL we are talking about not college.

Pick the guy that looks like he could be what we have seen succeed in the league before. And we had three guesses besides Bryce. 

They fuged up a slam dunk. 

As fas as fixing him, first I don't think you are really acknowledging his issues. They are so deeply fundamental to his  play that he has to to be totally rebuilt. But you have the restriction that you can't improve any of his physical shortcomings, that's a factory issue. 

So taking him as he is, and turning that into an NFL capable player that can read defenses and beat them with his arm, may as well hope to bring peace to the Middle East. 

What I'm saying is that the entire decision process back then on getting a QB period had some fundamental flaws that cannot be dismissed because we may have to go through that process yet again. 

We had an entire offseason to work on BY and - at least in my eyes - whatever he could've been got derailed by last season's experiences to where he may already be beyond repair. Or at least it may be someone else's problem to fix because we've already dealt with other people's broken QB's like David Carr, Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield. We're not great at the fixing department.

Edited by outlaw4