• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

As fans have we unanimously concluded that Bryce Young IS THE PROBLEM

TheBigKat

5 minutes ago, Icege said:

Kid was definitely the problem for the first two weeks this season, but with Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield out there doing well I'm surprised by the confidence some fans have declaring Bryce's NFL career over.

Then again, the same folks declaring his career over also blamed him for the OL not blocking last season and the WRs not getting separation so I guess it shouldn't be surprising.

Please... There is no valid reason to compare him to anyone with actual NFL tools. That he completely lacks. 

A deep ball for this guy in week 2, was 12 yards. 

I'll send you an apology if he wins another starting job. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, strato said:

Please... There is no valid reason to compare him to anyone with actual NFL tools. That he completely lacks. 

A deep ball for this guy in week 2, was 12 yards. 

I'll send you an apology if he wins another starting job. 

Bryce probably wants credit for the yards behind the LOS on that 12 yard pass

1 hour ago, strato said:

Absolutely. I was arguing this with someone bitching about our scouts. It came off of me saying that no one who knows what the NFL requires would have been behind this.

The people that were making the decisions didn't need the scouts to bring the player to them, he was in everybody's face. The area scouts weren't signing off on him, but they probably weren't asked to, officially. Maybe they sit in meetings and listen and nod their heads but the decision is made by the high level offensive guys. And the owner and the wife of the owner

The big dog QB people plus the big dog money man, they were the scouts on Bryce Young. All these top QB prospects, it's is the same. 

Young played the game to the terms of 30 million guaranteed. He put on weight for the combine and then didn't participate. He psychologically put a whoopin' on Dave and Nicole and he knew exactly how to play them to get taken at 1. Somehow a test no one has really even heard of is suddenly the golden ticket to finding a NFL QB and BY happens to have been practicing it for years? Bryce was a snake oil salesmen and the Panthers (Dave and Nicole) got taken. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

They still on average gave almost 3 seconds to the QB.

https://x.com/throwthedamball/status/1739773008045056318

The OGs were bad and plays fell apart but a decent QB could work with that. Look at all the QBs with less time to throw. Also with all those plays falling apart in the middle that means on other plays he had well over 3 seconds. 

It wasn't good but he was so much worse. 

One thing that I couldn't get out of my head is that even when he had a clean pocket, he was still bad. He may have been "Carred" by then though.

At the end of the day, It's the big boy leagues, and not having a clean pocket and college-open receivers on one of the top teams in the NCAA obviously has been a great culture shock to him. I just don't believe he can cut it not being able to see over the line. If he proves me wrong, more power to him. If he doesn't, which is what I fully expect, he's not the first bust; we just have to take the loss and move on.

Edited by TD alt

I'm not sure this is a deep as some make it out to be. Bryce probably should have been playing.  He was round 1 pick 1. Additionally, as many have pointed out, his strength was always his brain, never his measurables. His brain is what's failed him. There was no reason not to see if he could figure it out. 

It's also true that Andy has been a lot better, and the team would have had more wins if we had played Andy. But we mortgaged the future on Bryce. Even the most ardent Stroud supporter was not saying that Bryce would be this bad. 

Just an unfortunate situation. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

2 weeks

1 win

1 loss

both inspiring football! Bryce Young by all accounts is a good person, great family structure, well mannered. He's the type of guy you dream takes your daughter to prom and even proposes to one day

But what he ISN'T is an NFL caliber QB. Andy Medicare Dalton threw nearly every pass on the pass tree yesterday, he has an arm, he can sling it, he can look over an offensive line

Young has a noodle for an arm, he can't see over the line and watching him yesterday on the sideline he's literally the shortest person on that sideline including team personnel

Young "MAY" do well in a dink/dunk offense, something like 49ers / Dolphins where he has speedy guys who can do all the work. What Young will never be able to do is stand in a collapsing pocket and deliver a 20 yard laser to a receiver middle of the field, it's just physically impossible

After the Dolphins get blasted tonight, their GM will sheepishly call Morgan and offer a trade, accept it. You can still get a 2nd round pick for him, cut the losses and move on

Yes, he was absolutely 100% the fault on offense. He was awful and as I felt last year, I don’t think he’ll ever be a serviceable starter in the NFL.

No, he was not to fault on the defense. The whole 3 and out comment doesn’t work when the D gives up TDs to the opponents before Young stepped on the field or on the first drives well rested after halftime or blatantly whiffs on multiple tackles leading to 60 yard TDs. Our D clearly sucks, especially without Brown and is so full of talent holes that no QB play would fix. As bad as Mahomes is playing, he’d likely be 0-4 if he had our D and that’s not an exaggeration.

I don't buy that the line was bad last year either.  I think he made them look bad.  People forget that going into last season our O-line was considered the strongest part of the team.  Those guys didn't become bums overnight.  Bryce Young doomed the entire franchise to failure.  He is absolute hot garbage.  Get him out of here.  And it feels very, very good to say... told ya so!

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, ImfromClayton said:

I'm not sure this is a deep as some make it out to be. Bryce probably should have been playing.  He was round 1 pick 1. Additionally, as many have pointed out, his strength was always his brain, never his measurables. His brain is what's failed him. There was no reason not to see if he could figure it out. 

It's also true that Andy has been a lot better, and the team would have had more wins if we had played Andy. But we mortgaged the future on Bryce. Even the most ardent Stroud supporter was not saying that Bryce would be this bad. 

Just an unfortunate situation. 

That's an interesting take

6 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

I don't buy that the line was bad last year either.  I think he made them look bad.  People forget that going into last season our O-line was considered the strongest part of the team.  Those guys didn't become bums overnight.  Bryce Young doomed the entire franchise to failure.  He is absolute hot garbage.  Get him out of here.  And it feels very, very good to say... told ya so!

Our OL was crap as well last year. Both can be true. Iky let up a pressure on Sunday that caused an interception and a Cincy TD. Doesn’t mean Dalton caused the OL failure.

People overrated the OL last year. Injuries and Iky’s regression were obvious. Do you not recall how bad they looked in preseason? Iky was getting beat one on one all the time and Bryce barely played in the preseason last year. Bryce sucked but the 2023 OL did as well and we saw the start of that in preseason, especially with the injuries. We wouldn’t have spent $150M on two guards if that OL was good.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Manna said:

its not unanimous yet. there are some who shifted over to "Bryce should have sat and let the vet play and show him how to play, etc etc" while others continue to cling onto the narrative that "Carolina is the problem, they have surrounded Bryce with no talent, the owner sucks, etc etc." I think any sane and logical fan was validated and vindicated during the offense's first drive against the Raiders. 

Facebook is full of the true diehard bryce fans .  No matter what its always well Dalton is a vet you expect him to do good.  Bryce has no talent around him.  The play calling is different.  Dalton has only succeeded 3 games soon they will have tape on him.....Its crazy I could understand the insane cam diehards even though his time had passed b/c he was good at one time I dont understand the young diehards b/c he has always been terrible and his first game last year showed he wasnt an nfl qb.  

1 hour ago, *FreeFua* said:

Sam and to a degree Baker (not as physically gifted as Sam) have the physical tools to be successful. Baker has an arm and the willingness to push the ball downfield 

A good OC can work with that.

Bryce doesn’t have the physical tools to be successful at this level. It couldn’t be anymore clear. There’s literally not one thing Bryce has or does well that would appeal to any good OC. Which is why a 4th rounder was our best offer. The league has seen enough 

Baker is 6'1" 209lbs. What are his physical tools?