• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

As fans have we unanimously concluded that Bryce Young IS THE PROBLEM

TheBigKat

Sadly, I have to agree. I was as big a Bryce supporter as anyone, but there isn't any real doubt left at this point.

I will say, though, I don't think the issue is Bryce's arm strength or even his size as much as it is that the things that were supposed to be his biggest strengths (running the offense, reading defenses, processing, accuracy) have ended up not translating at all.

Had those things actually translated to the NFL, I don't think his size or arm strength would have prevented him from being a franchise QB. Unfortunately, they seemingly have not translated at all.

23 minutes ago, Manna said:

its not unanimous yet. there are some who shifted over to "Bryce should have sat and let the vet play and show him how to play, etc etc" while others continue to cling onto the narrative that "Carolina is the problem, they have surrounded Bryce with no talent, the owner sucks, etc etc." I think any sane and logical fan was validated and vindicated during the offense's first drive against the Raiders. 

Yep. We still have chumps posting poo like all of the above. Completely still attached to their belief that he has NFL ability despite his obvious physical limitations. Zero credibility. 

The poo about so many coaches screwing him up? He got them fired. 

Thomas Brown called plays. Reich called plays. They were the same offense. The narrative is flipped upside down to benefit Young. Or their belief in Young. 

The next ones were brought in to help him and ended up in the same place as Reich. Why would that happen? Occam's Razor says Young couldn't execute more. Andy Dalton proved that 2023 week 3 vs Seattle. 

2 minutes ago, CBDellinger said:

I think the bigger issue is/was the decision makers that made the trade and did the evaluations.  

Tepper, Morgan and most of the all the scouts are all still here.  No way Fitterer was on a lone island in terms of the evaluators 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Tepper, Morgan and most of the all the scouts are all still here.  No way Fitterer was on a lone island in terms of the evaluators 

Hard to blame the scouts when we don't know what their evaluations were.  This type of emperor's new clothes deal does not originate with the line level workers.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

33 minutes ago, Manna said:

its not unanimous yet. there are some who shifted over to "Bryce should have sat and let the vet play and show him how to play, etc etc"

Yes, it's gone from "How could they bench Bryce? What a horrible organization!" to "How could they have ever started Bryce? What a horrible organization!"

(Can't really argue the "horrible organization" thing, though)

1 minute ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Hard to blame the scouts when we don't know what their evaluations were.  This type of emperor's new clothes deal does not originate with the line level workers.

Absolutely. I was arguing this with someone bitching about our scouts. It came off of me saying that no one who knows what the NFL requires would have been behind this.

The people that were making the decisions didn't need the scouts to bring the player to them, he was in everybody's face. The area scouts weren't signing off on him, but they probably weren't asked to, officially. Maybe they sit in meetings and listen and nod their heads but the decision is made by the high level offensive guys. And the owner and the wife of the owner

The big dog QB people plus the big dog money man, they were the scouts on Bryce Young. All these top QB prospects, it's is the same. 

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, djp14 said:

Yes, it's gone from "How could they bench Bryce? What a horrible organization!" to "How could they have ever started Bryce? What a horrible organization!"

(Can't really argue the "horrible organization" thing, though)

When they started blaming Canales and the other offensive players because Young was poo, I had a real issue.

Kid was definitely the problem for the first two weeks this season, but with Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield out there doing well I'm surprised by the confidence some fans have declaring Bryce's NFL career over.

Then again, the same folks declaring his career over also blamed him for the OL not blocking last season and the WRs not getting separation so I guess it shouldn't be surprising.

Edited by Icege

2 minutes ago, Icege said:

Kid was definitely the problem for the first two weeks this season, but with Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield out there doing well I'm surprised by the confidence some fans have while declaring Bryce's NFL career over.

Then again, the same folks declaring his career over also blamed him for the OL not blocking last season and the WRs not getting separation so I guess it shouldn't be surprising.

Sam and to a degree Baker (not as physically gifted as Sam) have the physical tools to be successful. Baker has an arm and the willingness to push the ball downfield 

A good OC can work with that.

Bryce doesn’t have the physical tools to be successful at this level. It couldn’t be anymore clear. There’s literally not one thing Bryce has or does well that would appeal to any good OC. Which is why a 4th rounder was our best offer. The league has seen enough