• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

As fans have we unanimously concluded that Bryce Young IS THE PROBLEM

TheBigKat

2 weeks

1 win

1 loss

both inspiring football! Bryce Young by all accounts is a good person, great family structure, well mannered. He's the type of guy you dream takes your daughter to prom and even proposes to one day

But what he ISN'T is an NFL caliber QB. Andy Medicare Dalton threw nearly every pass on the pass tree yesterday, he has an arm, he can sling it, he can look over an offensive line

Young has a noodle for an arm, he can't see over the line and watching him yesterday on the sideline he's literally the shortest person on that sideline including team personnel

Young "MAY" do well in a dink/dunk offense, something like 49ers / Dolphins where he has speedy guys who can do all the work. What Young will never be able to do is stand in a collapsing pocket and deliver a 20 yard laser to a receiver middle of the field, it's just physically impossible

After the Dolphins get blasted tonight, their GM will sheepishly call Morgan and offer a trade, accept it. You can still get a 2nd round pick for him, cut the losses and move on

• Beer 1

When I said that last year I was met with disbelief. The line, the WR separation, etc. In the end he made everything around him worse. And trying to make him work here made the team worse. Lots of lessons in the Young failure. 

I think we have to see him again and I hope it is short and they just move on with Plumber or someone else. At this point I don't even think Young is a PS guy. There just is no upside with him at this level.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

If you can get a conditional 3rd that upgrades to a 2nd based on some achievable incentives from a desperate Miami team, take it and run. He may be serviceable in that offense but he's not a difference maker and won't ever be in Carolina.

Edited by UNCrules2187

13 minutes ago, Waldo said:

When I said that last year I was met with disbelief. The line, the WR separation, etc. In the end he made everything around him worse. And trying to make him work here made the team worse. Lots of lessons in the Young failure. 

I think we have to see him again and I hope it is short and they just move on with Plumber or someone else. At this point I don't even think Young is a PS guy. There just is no upside with him at this level.

Well, the line wasn't good, but I never bought the WRs can't get separation argument. Seeing him again is a nothing burger.

• Pie 2

Andy looks like he warms up with 185 and reps 225.  Bryce looks like he warms up with the bar and max is 155. Maybe. 

Andy is 6’2 220. One is a football player. One makes his teammates feel like they’re at their grandma’s funeral. 

Forget oceans 11, how this elaborate scam was pulled off is beyond human comprehension. 

• Pie 4

its not unanimous yet. there are some who shifted over to "Bryce should have sat and let the vet play and show him how to play, etc etc" while others continue to cling onto the narrative that "Carolina is the problem, they have surrounded Bryce with no talent, the owner sucks, etc etc." I think any sane and logical fan was validated and vindicated during the offense's first drive against the Raiders. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Manna said:

its not unanimous yet. there are some who shifted over to "Bryce should have sat and let the vet play and show him how to play, etc etc" while others continue to cling onto the narrative that "Carolina is the problem, they have surrounded Bryce with no talent, the owner sucks, etc etc." I think any sane and logical fan was validated and vindicated during the offense's first drive against the Raiders. 

@Shockeris still on the bryce train, kindof wild if you think about it

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Pie 1

34 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

2 weeks

1 win

1 loss

both inspiring football! Bryce Young by all accounts is a good person, great family structure, well mannered. He's the type of guy you dream takes your daughter to prom and even proposes to one day

But what he ISN'T is an NFL caliber QB. Andy Medicare Dalton threw nearly every pass on the pass tree yesterday, he has an arm, he can sling it, he can look over an offensive line

Young has a noodle for an arm, he can't see over the line and watching him yesterday on the sideline he's literally the shortest person on that sideline including team personnel

Young "MAY" do well in a dink/dunk offense, something like 49ers / Dolphins where he has speedy guys who can do all the work. What Young will never be able to do is stand in a collapsing pocket and deliver a 20 yard laser to a receiver middle of the field, it's just physically impossible

After the Dolphins get blasted tonight, their GM will sheepishly call Morgan and offer a trade, accept it. You can still get a 2nd round pick for him, cut the losses and move on

Phins ain’t calling because of an L.  Bryce is a project. That means any team that would acquire him ain’t thinking about him playing a snap this year 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I hated seeing that midget on the field talking, I hated seeing him talking to dalton coming off the field and I really hated seeing that fug laughing as the time eclipsed in the game

Yeah they showed too much of QB2. Hopefully when we play KC they'll show more Taylor Swift (and I'm not even a Swifty, don't find her attractive, nor do I listen to her music) than QB2. 

21 minutes ago, TD alt said:

Well, the line wasn't good, but I never bought the WRs can't get separation argument. Seeing him again is a nothing burger.

They still on average gave almost 3 seconds to the QB.

https://x.com/throwthedamball/status/1739773008045056318

The OGs were bad and plays fell apart but a decent QB could work with that. Look at all the QBs with less time to throw. Also with all those plays falling apart in the middle that means on other plays he had well over 3 seconds. 

It wasn't good but he was so much worse. 

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1