• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stop Being Insane(remaining season primer)

kungfoodude

1 hour ago, Donald LaFell said:

Yeah the Bryce suck was boring. It’s funny how much of a difference there is between a 4-12 quality and 2-14 quality team. 

I think the biggest thing is the quality of the games being played. That matters a lot. 

Take the Bengals game, a little to the left or right(missed catches, missed tackles, missed calls) and we win that game by maybe that same 10 points

Heck, I think if AT was healthy we win. He wouldn't have dropped some of the passes the young guys were dropping. 

Versus basically needing the opposing team to poo the bed and our team play great to be competitive like last year.

Healthy Thielen and we win by 10. We keep their o off the field for 5 fewer minutes and we don’t have nearly as many 3rd and longs. You could tell in Andy’s reads that he didn’t like what he saw. It ran clunky. Old panthers ish. Everything looked harder. 

Plus side is X now has the pressure of his first start behind him. Now it’s time to grow.

More I think of it, the more I like the idea of growing young talent under a Jedi master, building it up and then letting handing over to the hopefully future QB. We don’t need the blind leading the blind. 

So also this, do people have any idea how freaking fortunate this team is to have both Thielen and Dalton? Knowledge. You couldn’t get more fundamentally sound dudes. That’s who I want mentoring our young guys. 

14 minutes ago, Gapanthersfan said:

Healthy Thielen and we win by 10. We keep their o off the field for 5 fewer minutes and we don’t have nearly as many 3rd and longs. You could tell in Andy’s reads that he didn’t like what he saw. It ran clunky. Old panthers ish. Everything looked harder. 

Plus side is X now has the pressure of his first start behind him. Now it’s time to grow.

More I think of it, the more I like the idea of growing young talent under a Jedi master, building it up and then letting handing over to the hopefully future QB. We don’t need the blind leading the blind. 

So also this, do people have any idea how freaking fortunate this team is to have both Thielen and Dalton? Knowledge. You couldn’t get more fundamentally sound dudes. That’s who I want mentoring our young guys. 

The talent with XL was very evident but so were the hurdles to him being an elite WR. He really needs to buckle down in the offseason and work like a madman on his ball skills. I am less concerned about his route running, needs some polish but his ball skills are below average for his age. 

If he can get those better over the next couple of seasons, he will be a legit #1 guy.

As you said, having experienced people around XL is fantastic. Hopefully we get another guy like that next year to help him out too.

I fully agree with not getting into win now mode.  Develop and draft is definitely the way forward.  Was happy with Legette, even with his drops.  He will continue to improve.  Would like to see Mingo gone.  He's had every chance to succeed and he ain't it.  Hope he's gone at the end of the season, if not sooner.

5 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I really disliked the draft too but it just is what it is. Hopefully we get a couple of hits and then it won't matter about the misses. 

Look at a guy like Hubbard, for instance. He was skewered by this board as being "Rhule's wifes pick" and was a disaster as a rookie and second year player. But, he's now a competent starting caliber RB with much improved hands. He has been a hell of a pick in hindsight.

So maybe Wallace or Sanders end up being those players in 2-3 seasons. 

Even though I don't want to rush him back in (because this is a getting over past fuggups year), I'm anxious to see what Brooks can do behind this line. I'm a Hubbard fan, but he's a UFA next year and will want to cash in. Overpaying him will be yet another fuggup to get over!

8 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

Even though I don't want to rush him back in (because this is a getting over past fuggups year), I'm anxious to see what Brooks can do behind this line. I'm a Hubbard fan, but he's a UFA next year and will want to cash in. Overpaying him will be yet another fuggup to get over!

Yeah, ideally Brooks looks like the next man up and then Chuba can get his bag in free agency.