• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Barno and Wonnum... Reddick?

Proudiddy

7 minutes ago, thennek said:

Yes…non contact injuries are usually serious. I thought Achilles too unfortunately. Losing him will be another hit to an already suspect defense. 

To be honest, I would think it would be kind of hard to walk when you tear your Achilles. He walked into the tent and out of the tent and got onto the medical cart

11 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Damn...  I thought I remembered when we signed him, many were posting his pff grades and stats from last year and saying that we essentially signed the same production we got from Burns for a bargain bin deal.  I thought he was regarded as a really good value signing.

Yeah and I laughed at all of them. His pass rush grade from pff was like 20 pts lower than Burns last season. Last season Wonnum had three times the pass rush chances that Burns did. Hence why I kept saying he was one of the least efficient pass rushers…

Edited by carpanfan96
  • Pie 1

10 minutes ago, pantherdad said:

To be honest, I would think it would be kind of hard to walk when you tear your Achilles. He walked into the tent and out of the tent and got onto the medical cart

Kobe shot free throws, walked off the court and into the locker room when he tore his Achilles. 

The fact they haven't given any sort of "less serious" update since he was carted off - and the fact that they carted him off after checking him out and called it a heel injury are generally all bad signs.

• Beer 1

15 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Competitive we can be but this is a very bad roster and we haven't been playing high caliber opponents the past two weeks. Make no mistake, we are going to see some humbling losses several times this season still. 

There is zero reason to be making any "win now" moves. That's how we ended up with the worst roster in franchise history. 

I'm not mad at patience.  We may see our projected outcome differently, but even if we make no additions, I'm still very high on Barno's potential, so I'm hoping he could surprise us with his contributions once he's back.

Hes not happy with the Jets because he hasn't been paid. We have no money to give him plus he's 30...we'd have to trade draft capital AND shell out a good amount of cash to get him to play. Unfortunately this is the bed we've made and no one is coming to save us this season. I'm hoping for a few exciting wins as long as Dalton stays healthy I just don't think there's anyway we compete for the division but we'll see

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin

Learn to draft better. Trading can't fix this issue. Throwing money at it isn't an option either. They are going to have to scrape something together moving forward.

They already made this bed and now they have to sleep in it.

8 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I'm not mad at patience.  We may see our projected outcome differently, but even if we make no additions, I'm still very high on Barno's potential, so I'm hoping he could surprise us with his contributions once he's back.

Barno is what he had always been, a special teams player with his ceiling basically as a part time backup Edge. There is no superstar waiting to break out.

Not that there is anything wrong with that. He is who he was supposed to be as a 6th round draft pick.

There are a LOT of quality edge rushers set to be UFAs next season. As much as I want to spend a high draft pick on a pass rusher I also would prefer that the team sign and start a vet that's proven in the league. Not exactly a fan of "draft a rookie to save this part of the team" mentality that has taken hold the last few seasons.

If the team can pick up a vet EDGE and draft a high ceiling prospect... yes pls! 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Hes not happy with the Jets because he hasn't been paid. We have no money to give him plus he's 30...we'd have to trade draft capital AND shell out a good amount of cash to get him to play. Unfortunately this is the bed we've made and no one is coming to save us this season. I'm hoping for a few exciting wins as long as Dalton stays healthy I just don't think there's anyway we compete for the division but we'll see

It's also a completely unnecessary addition. Adding him probably changes the outcome of zero games this season.

We don't need a pass rusher, we need pass rushers. We literally don't have a single non-replacement level pass rusher on the entire roster.

That isn't a mid-season trade fix, that's a 2-3(or more) offseasons of intelligent free agent signings and draft picks fix. Elite and competent pass rushers don't grow on trees.

10 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Damn...  I thought I remembered when we signed him, many were posting his pff grades and stats from last year and saying that we essentially signed the same production we got from Burns for a bargain bin deal.  I thought he was regarded as a really good value signing.

He's exaggerating Wonnum had a good year last year... also even if he's very average HE is an upgrade over what we have.

1 hour ago, Icege said:

There are a LOT of quality edge rushers set to be UFAs next season. As much as I want to spend a high draft pick on a pass rusher I also would prefer that the team sign and start a vet that's proven in the league. Not exactly a fan of "draft a rookie to save this part of the team" mentality that has taken hold the last few seasons.

If the team can pick up a vet EDGE and draft a high ceiling prospect... yes pls! 

Our cap is going to be tight next year. Corbs and Horn’s contract are coming due, plus do we let DJ walk? Vet edges are pretty pricey…