• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Barno and Wonnum... Reddick?

Proudiddy

If either of these guys coming back could provide some sort of pressure, that would make a world of difference.  People can say what they want about Clowney, but he has been the only consistent pass rush presence I've seen the last couple of games.  It's hard to do it by yourself.

If neither of them can provide any boost to the pass rush, we should look into a trade to bring back Haason Reddick, imo.  He honestly should have never been allowed to walk in the first place...  I believe I even posted leading into that offseaosn that I would've retained him over Burns at the time.  He's unhappy with the Jets and has yet to play for them, so I anticipate it wouldn't take a lot to get him from them.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

No trades for players, thanks. Keep the draft picks. Trading players to get draft picks, that is a different story.

Who said anything about picks? I say we offer Bryce for Reddick straight up...

Happy Cracking Up GIF

I believe Barno and Wonnum are both eligible to come back next week but have not heard if they will. Now that Z Thompson and Josey Wales Jewell are hurt no telling what the Panthers will do but they are definitely short in LBs now. The injury to Thompson did not look good….it would not surprise me if he was done. 

I doubt Reddick would come back to Carolina and don’t think giving up draft picks is a good idea for a rebuilding team. 

Edited by thennek

10 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

No trades for players, thanks. Keep the draft picks. Trading players to get draft picks, that is a different story.

Generally I would agree, but I feel like we're a pass rush and a few secure catches away from contending for the playoffs.

My thought is trade Bryce to offset what we would give away for a guy like Reddick.  Perhaps they take a 4th for him (considering his holdout, demands, age, etc.)?  Get a 4th for Bryce.

4 minutes ago, thennek said:

I believe Barno and Wonnum are both eligible to come back next week but have not heard if they will. Now that Z Thompson and Josey Wales Jewell are now hurt no telling what the Panthers will do but they are definitely short in LBs now. The injury to Thompson did not look good….it would not surprise me if he was done. 

I doubt Reddick would come back to Carolina and don’t think giving up draft picks is a good idea for a rebuilding team. 

Yeah, when they said heel I immediately though Achilles. If so, I think he hangs it up. Very sad ending, if so.

Just now, Proudiddy said:

Generally I would agree, but I feel like we're a pass rush and a few secure catches away from contending for the playoffs.

My thought is trade Bryce to offset what we would give away for a guy like Reddick.  Perhaps they take a 4th for him (considering his holdout, demands, age, etc.)?  Get a 4th for Bryce.

I mean, we are not even in the same zip code as a playoffs discussion. We need significant roster upgrades at multiple positions for that. That's not even taking into account that we have multiple PS players getting significant time.

5 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

I wouldn’t expect Wonnum to help much, he’s been the most inefficient pass rushers the last two seasons. 

Damn...  I thought I remembered when we signed him, many were posting his pff grades and stats from last year and saying that we essentially signed the same production we got from Burns for a bargain bin deal.  I thought he was regarded as a really good value signing.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, when they said heel I immediately though Achilles. If so, I think he hangs it up. Very sad ending, if so.

Yes…non contact injuries are usually serious. I thought Achilles too unfortunately. Losing him will be another hit to an already suspect defense. 

• Beer 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

I mean, we are not even in the same zip code as a playoffs discussion. We need significant roster upgrades at multiple positions for that. That's not even taking into account that we have multiple PS players getting significant time.

No doubt we are talent deficient at a few spots, but I think the last two weeks has shown we're really competitive.  I feel like today if we had a pass rush, the young guys caught the ball, and guys start tackling, we win that game.

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

No doubt we are talent deficient at a few spots, but I think the last two weeks has shown we're really competitive.  I feel like today if we had a pass rush, the young guys caught the ball, and guys start tackling, we win that game.

Competitive we can be but this is a very bad roster and we haven't been playing high caliber opponents the past two weeks. Make no mistake, we are going to see some humbling losses several times this season still. 

There is zero reason to be making any "win now" moves. That's how we ended up with the worst roster in franchise history. 

• Pie 1