• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Andy have a fault in his game?

Just now, Gapanthersfan said:

I can accept that. I have found his number of these types of mistakes to be far below what most other QBs have had. His accuracy helps him in this regard. 

For us, yes. He is definitely the best QB we have had since Cam's shoulder got destroyed. By a wide margin.

However, he is also 37 and in the twilight of his career. This has an expiration date and it's likely sooner rather than later.

If we can get through next season(assuming he resigns) then we are in good shape.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Canales’ O essentially requires a gunslinger though.  It’s not some creative slice and dice  you up O that requires a surgeon. 

Canales essentially just needs a young Jake.  It’s why he went out of his way for what XL represents. 

I’ve always said Canales is just updated Foxball at its core.  Which I’m cool with.

WRs might matter more than the QB in the end 

Well currently the QB is better than the WR's. That will need to be fixed eventually.

46 minutes ago, Deltek44 said:

You guys are loosing your mind. All old azz Dalton is doing is winning us 7 games or so and keep us from rebuilding. Tepper has broken our fans so bad they fill his stadium and are happy as pigs in mud for a team that looks ok loosing to a 0-3 team.

What's wrong with him winning some games for us? He is not the long term future and not going to be signing a huge 6 year contract that breaks the bank but it gives fans hope to see a QB who is capable of at least completing passes over 10 yards consistently. Better to see this and lose than to watch Bryce struggle to barely reach 100 yards passing and lose if you know what I mean.

• Pie 1

37 minutes ago, CRA said:

Andy Dalton is the Adam Theilen of QBs.  Which is why both are where they are today.  They aren’t bad.  They aren’t NFL good either in the year 2024.  They are both experienced players that can clear a certain bar of play 

See, this SHOULD be true, but it's not. Because the state of QB play in the NFL is so bad right now that a guy like Dalton is likely better than half the starters in the league based purely on performance as opposed to value, which factors in things like age and draft picks/cap space used on a player.

OBVIOUSLY BETTER:
C.J. Stroud
Jordan Love
Aaron Rodgers
Josh Allen
Justin Herbert
Joe Burrow
Patrick Mahomes
Lamar Jackson
Brock Purdy

PROBABLY/LIKELY BETTER:
Jalen Hurts
Matthew Stafford
Jared Goff
Jayden Daniels
Tua Tagovailoa

ABOUT THE SAME:
Sam Darnold (I'm putting him here because I think it's likely he reverts to his usual play at some point; what we're seeing is more coaching/scheme than elite play)
Baker Mayfield
Derek Carr
Kirk Cousins
Dak Prescott
Trevor Lawrence
Kyler Murray
Geno Smith
Justin Fields

CLEARLY WORSE:
Jacoby Brissette
Will Levis
Deshaun Watson
Gardner Minshew
Daniel Jones

TOO EARLY TO CALL:
Caleb Williams
Bo Nix
Anthony Richardson

• Pie 2

17 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

For us, yes. He is definitely the best QB we have had since Cam's shoulder got destroyed. By a wide margin.

However, he is also 37 and in the twilight of his career. This has an expiration date and it's likely sooner rather than later.

If we can get through next season(assuming he resigns) then we are in good shape.

Absolutely correct in all points.

He’s not a young guy, he’s not the future long term, but his game is still more than adequate until he proves that it’s not. Some of y’all just need to enjoy the ride. 

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, Gapanthersfan said:

Absolutely correct in all points.

He’s not a young guy, he’s not the future long term, but his game is still more than adequate until he proves that it’s not. Some of y’all just need to enjoy the ride. 

Yeah, I have no desire to replace him until he starts showing signs of physical decline. Let him help develop our offensive players and identify who our future core will be there.

10 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

See, this SHOULD be true, but it's not. Because the state of QB play in the NFL is so bad right now that a guy like Dalton is likely better than half the starters in the league based purely on performance as opposed to value, which factors in things like age and draft picks/cap space used on a player.

OBVIOUSLY BETTER:
C.J. Stroud
Jordan Love
Aaron Rodgers
Josh Allen
Justin Herbert
Joe Burrow
Patrick Mahomes
Lamar Jackson
Brock Purdy

PROBABLY/LIKELY BETTER:
Jalen Hurts
Matthew Stafford
Jared Goff
Jayden Daniels
Tua Tagovailoa

ABOUT THE SAME:
Sam Darnold (I'm putting him here because I think it's likely he reverts to his usual play at some point; what we're seeing is more coaching/scheme than elite play)
Baker Mayfield
Derek Carr
Kirk Cousins
Dak Prescott
Trevor Lawrence
Kyler Murray
Geno Smith
Justin Fields

CLEARLY WORSE:
Jacoby Brissette
Will Levis
Deshaun Watson
Gardner Minshew
Daniel Jones

TOO EARLY TO CALL:
Caleb Williams
Bo Nix
Anthony Richardson

This is one of the strangest lists I have ever seen.

• Pie 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, I have no desire to replace him until he starts showing signs of physical decline. Let him help develop our offensive players and identify who our future core will be there.

He is perfect for the job. He is playing well, throwing beautiful TD passes and having a good time. The line has played well. I’m not deluded in thinking it’ll be this way the rest of the season, but we have real, legit talent throughout the offense so I really don’t think it’s fools gold. This will be a potent offense this year. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1