• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Andy have a fault in his game?

Biggest flaw I always thought about Dalton was his arm strength, he slings in the short to intermediate, but I thought he had trouble pushing down the field when in Cinci.  That said, he has decent arm strength and has showed some dimes here, but a good example of it still happening was on the INT that was overturned due to hold by the Cinci defender, XL had to slow down, but he had completely BLOWN by that defender and someone with great arm strength can get that far down the field.  Generally speaking, no, Dalton isnt perfect and everyone needs to pump the breaks on that idea, but, he's good for what WE need which is quick decisive qb play and leadership.

2 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

This thread speaks volumes about how low the bar has gotten with you know who at QB.

Dalton is just alright.  Which is leagues better than we watched for 18 games prior.

I am on the honeymoon for sure. The grass is greener right here. 

19 minutes ago, Deltek44 said:

You guys are loosing your mind. All old azz Dalton is doing is winning us 7 games or so and keep us from rebuilding. Tepper has broken our fans so bad they fill his stadium and are happy as pigs in mud for a team that looks ok loosing to a 0-3 team.

How is he keeping us from rebuilding? Btw we started rebuilding the second we hired Canales and Morgan, offensive last offseason; going to be defensive this offseason 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

Biggest flaw I always thought about Dalton was his arm strength, he slings in the short to intermediate, but I thought he had trouble pushing down the field when in Cinci.  That said, he has decent arm strength and has showed some dimes here, but a good example of it still happening was on the INT that was overturned due to hold by the Cinci defender, XL had to slow down, but he had completely BLOWN by that defender and someone with great arm strength can get that far down the field.  Generally speaking, no, Dalton isnt perfect and everyone needs to pump the breaks on that idea, but, he's good for what WE need which is quick decisive qb play and leadership.

Yeah, and a bridge to the future that isn't washed all the way out. 

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Pump the brakes now. Dalton is a very good veteran QB, but let's not act like he's the second coming of Dan Marino. But to be fair with how awful the QB play has been by the young QBs over the last few years (Stroud excluded) I think some of these veterans certainly do look a lot better.

Very fair statement.

11 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

His faults are that he leans gunslinger, so he will take gambles and turn the ball over. Don't forget he almost threw a DTD inside our 10 yard line in the 2nd half.

That's the downside.

I can accept that. I have found his number of these types of mistakes to be far below what most other QBs have had. His accuracy helps him in this regard. 

What I’m seeing is a smart and accurate QB with a good line, good arm and good receivers….  is good stuff. 

Edited by Gapanthersfan

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

His faults are that he leans gunslinger, so he will take gambles and turn the ball over. Don't forget he almost threw a DTD inside our 10 yard line in the 2nd half.

That's the downside.

Canales’ O essentially requires a gunslinger though.  It’s not some creative slice and dice  you up O that requires a surgeon. 

Canales essentially just needs a young Jake.  It’s why he went out of his way for what XL represents. 

I’ve always said Canales is just updated Foxball at its core.  Which I’m cool with.

WRs might matter more than the QB in the end 

• Pie 2