• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dalton passing chart vs Bengals

*FreeFua*

44 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

IMG_1330.thumb.jpeg.2d4e665b054b8833560be47d52ad3664.jpeg

6 deep passes

Canales said during his post game presser that running the ball and taking shots downfield is how he dreamt this things up

Moving forward Morgan is going to have to go out and get a QB who wants to push the ball downfield. Todays chart gives you a pretty good indication of what Canales wants to do. 

With that said, I truly don’t see the point in keeping Bryce around. If you believe in what Canales is doing then you might as well trade Bryce  

We knew this before the season started though.  I still don’t get why they didn’t bring in another QB to have when Bryce was clearly never going to fit what he does. 

Andy is a fine bandaid but there are odds you start next season with an entire new QB room.  would have been nice if our bandaid/bridge would have been a young guy brought in

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Moving forward any discussion talking about future QB’s for us will have to only include guys that excel at the deep ball

That’s Jalen Milroe’s strength fwiw 

I'm just never going to feel good about a Bama qb.  Too much talent around them to tell anything. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

6 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Moving forward any discussion talking about future QB’s for us will have to only include guys that excel at the deep ball

Another Bama QB?

Take a peek at Hurts and Jones.

There are easier ways to commit seppuku you know.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1

9 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Historically Alabama isn't where you want to go for quarterbacks or offensive tackles.

This team has scored 87 points in Dalton’s last 3 starts. In those 3 starts the only pick he’s had was the deflection today. 7 TD throws, 1 int. Only 1 game was a home. 

We have to retain Dalton. He is essential for developing our young talent. I would give up a 5th rounder just for someone to take Bryce off our hands. Regardless of the PR spin, you KNOW it’s awkward AF for him in that locker room. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Honestly I don't want to mess around with a rookie QB anymore. More likely to miss than hit.

Better/safer option is to get a guy with some experience and maturity that Canales can work with. Cycle them out every 3-5 years.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, jb2288 said:

Barring injury it’s clear Bryce has played his last snap. My guess is we move him before the draft for a 3rd 

I can hardly wait for the Panthers to move on from Bryce Young. There is nothing football related that he excels in and I cannot see him ever improving to were he would even become a decent NFL Back Up QB.

46 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Well no poo....Not looking forward to bryce coming back and sailing balls out of bounds. I dont even know why we are even dragging this thing out, the more Dalton plays the worse it gets for bryce. NOBODY is going to want to go back to him later on whenever that is. It just doesn't work like that in the nfl.  Eventually you are only gonna end up getting a 6th or  7th for him. 

Hey wait! Bring him back when the WRs are on IR and the OL is banged up and trot him out there. If he sucks we just wait for NFL Live and those people to hype him back up.