• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dalton passing chart vs Bengals

*FreeFua*

I’m done with bashing on Bryce, that ship has sailed for me now.  We have been able to see that we have a solid o-line, young promising WR’s, special teams is good, we need help on the D and we can get that.  We have building blocks.  I’m beginning to believe the best thing for us to do is as many have said, trade back, get assets, build on D and get a few depth pieces on O.  Sign Dalton to a 3 year contract and bring in a promising young talent with potential to learn from the vet for a couple of years.  At this point I believe we all know there are no must start QB’s in this class, don’t chase it!

Edit:  I like the coach 

Edited by HPPantherzfan
  • Pie 2

I see only 1 deep pass since we were told that only 40+ yards count 😜

In all seriousness tho, Dalton's been slinging it. He's let a couple of the short throws get away from him but he wasn't lying when he said he was playing more loose than he ever has. Gotta think that he's having himself a lot of fun this season so far.

Edited by Icege

14 hours ago, BIGH2001 said:

There is absolutely no way that Bryce can function in a pro offense. We already knew that but watching Dalton (who’s historically just an average NFL QB) makes it even more obvious. The throws we’ve made the last two Bryce couldn’t make in flag football. 

Dalton is better than average dude, you don't rack up 39k yards 250 TDs being average, he's 24th all time man....  he's above average not elite.

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

People were ready to hand him a long term contract after last week. This is more reasonable and normal.

It's still fun and the young guys are getting their shots. 

It’s a shame he didn’t hit Coker on that deep one down the right side 

Coker did everything right. Got on top of his defender and gave Andy a big window to drop that one in

• Beer 1

15 hours ago, jb2288 said:

Barring injury it’s clear Bryce has played his last snap. My guess is we move him before the draft for a 3rd 

Please name the GM or situation that warrants getting BY for a 3rd? That is a ridiculous pipe dream. If we got more than like a conditional 6th that turns into a 5th if he throws for 4,000 yards I’d do a fuging backflip. And he hasn’t even shown enough talent to warrant that. Everyone knows we are going to cut him too. 3rd rounder is laughable. 

8 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

It’s a shame he didn’t hit Coker on that deep one down the right side 

Coker did everything right. Got on top of his defender and gave Andy a big window to drop that one in

It's Andy. Some good, some bad and some meh. Coker should get another shot with AT out. Now that the high is over they can work on that stuff this week. That's what I really want to see. Week to week improvement. 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Montsta said:

Please name the GM or situation that warrants getting BY for a 3rd? That is a ridiculous pipe dream. If we got more than like a conditional 6th that turns into a 5th if he throws for 4,000 yards I’d do a fuging backflip. And he hasn’t even shown enough talent to warrant that. Everyone knows we are going to cut him too. 3rd rounder is laughable. 

Trey Lance weren’t for a 4th and that’s with NFL tools. He is the most comparable insta bust that a team overpaid for. 

so using that as the market, 5th or 6th for Bryce IMO and we would be lucky.  Basically just a team trying to get around the waivers that was interested in a project.  The not having the physical tools part is the killer.  

• Beer 1