• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

When’s the last time we drafted a natural, effortless, hands catcher?

Just now, TD alt said:

I mean, some of you are trying to act like Moore had perfect hands. Nah. Moreover, I dont believe Legette is a body catcher. He leaves a few on the field too, but he knows how to go up and get them also.

That's going to take some review, because he sure as heck was today. He jumped unnecessarily in that 2 point attempt last week too, and I'd have to watch again but I don't think he needed to jump and it was a body catch too. If it's over his head or whenever he has to reach for it, then no body catch. That's my general impression. 

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Fields is another one that is unlikely to be much more than a below average starter.

I get that, but he is winning and they need to keep winning, makes sense to help him. DJ is a pretty good player and I think fits their team. 

16 minutes ago, NAS said:

Seriously he’s a rookie and looks better as a rookie than DJ Moore did.  Stop with nonsense overreacting 

Peoples’ expectations… Smitty was a body catcher as well, just saying. Smitty had Prohel, X has Thielen. X seems very teachable. His routes today were pretty crisp. This was a BIG moment today for big country. Sometimes we can get in to our own head. 

It would be pretty cool for everyone to scream X!!! When dude makes a big play. Get his confidence going. 

Jury is out on Mingo. Last year was a complete disaster. I’m willing to see what he’s got this season. He seems to like trucking dudes. 

Edited by Gapanthersfan
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, Gapanthersfan said:

Peoples’ expectations… Smitty was a body catcher as well, just saying. Smitty had Prohel, X has Thielen. X seems very teachable. His routes today were pretty crisp. This was a BIG moment today for big country. Sometimes we can get in to our own head. 

It would be pretty cool for everyone to scream X!!! When dude makes a big play. Get his confidence going. 

I was super impressed with his route running, he looked like a veteran 

• Flames 1

It looked like he lost a catch letting it get into his body though. So it isn't nothing. And every criticism isn't putting him on Bryce level suck, but it's something he needs to work on.

He had his first TD, it wasn't all bad. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1