• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

When’s the last time we drafted a natural, effortless, hands catcher?

At the Wide Receiver position. 

Kelvin’s hands were inconsistent. Couldn’t be Funchess. Mingo and Legette appear to be consistent body-catchers that unnecessarily leave their feet too often. It might be past time we reevaluate how we prioritize traits in our receiver scouting. Outside of Adam I don’t think there is a natural catcher of the ball on this roster. Diontae probably the next closest but we did not draft either. DJ had probably the most reliable hands but we shipped him off anyways. Just frustrated watching early round draft picks at receiver drop routine passes is crucial situations. 

Edited by OnlyPantherFaninMaine

1 minute ago, OnlyPantherFaninMaine said:

At the Wide Receiver position. 

Kelvin’s hands were inconsistent. Couldn’t be Funchess. Mingo and Legette appear to be consistent body-catchers that unnecessarily leave their feet too often. It might be past time we reevaluate how we prioritize traits in our receiver scouting. Outside of Adam I don’t think there is a natural catcher of the ball on this roster. Diontae probably the next closest but we did not draft either. 

And this spans ownerships, coaching and GM changes. There really isn’t a common denominator to blame. 

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Not an atrocious contract either. Very favorable terms.

For some reason I don't expect that would make him happy enough to don the colors. You can kiss that sweet deal goodbye. I don't think he'd want to come back. (except for big money maybe) (and, they could say well that was Fitterer and Reich and they're gone...)

How about Minnesota with Darnold and he keeps his helmet on? They had a pretty good thing. Next season. 

And he is also a Pittsburgh type maybe along the lines of Hines Ward. That gets him out of the division and the conference. This season maybe if he makes demands. 

Edited by strato

1 minute ago, strato said:

For some reason I don't expect that would make him happy enough to don the colors. You can kiss that sweet deal goodbye. I don't think he'd want to come back. 

How about Minnesota with Darnold and he keeps his helmet on? They had a pretty good thing. Next season. 

And he is also a Pittsburgh type maybe along the lines of Hines Ward. That gets him out of the division and the conference. This season maybe if he makes demands. 

The Darnold thing is the biggest smoke and mirrors show there is. Keep watching and you will see. The tape don't lie.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The Darnold thing is the biggest smoke and mirrors show there is. Keep watching and you will see. The tape don't lie.

I actually ike him for Pittsburgh, he likes Fields, and they could stand to help Fields if they are going with him. 

(and it doesn't matter what I think about Darnold when I am looking for a possible match, it's on the club that would look at him, thinking who would look at him, that he might be amenable to)

Edited by strato