• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Feeling Undeniably Optimistic

We’ll be fine. 

I really like Legette. He had a bad drop, but he’s showing something. Hell, Mingo is showing he’s good depth. These dudes are just young. 

Just need to focus on the defense this draft, then get our QB of the future the next year. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

We’ll be fine. 

I really like Legette. He had a bad drop, but he’s showing something. Hell, Mingo is showing he’s good depth. These dudes are just young. 

Just need to focus on the defense this draft, then get our QB of the future the next year. 

Bad drops by XL. He is a body catcher which is a big concern. He needs a LOT of polish.

Mingo....he is just another in a long line of Panthers WR busts. He might not even make the roster next season.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 3

Agree totally. We aren’t winning the Super Bowl this year. 

the bengals are solid. We got dominated in the middle 8 minutes today. That happens. We gave up points on an INT that was batted at the line. Just unfortunate. 

Head coaching is learned. Canales made some mistakes. But man I was happy with both sides of the ball today. Feels optimistic for the first time in quite some time. 

I'm not worried about receivers at the moment, but if we can't lock up DJ, I may start worrying. I think that we have some young guys to coach up. I'm more worried about the long term answer at QB. 

From what I've been watching, QB aside (depending upon how we want to approach the position), I think that our biggest problem is legitimate pass rushers. We need one. Clowney is OK as your secondary option (like Burns was in my opinion), but we need a guy who's going to get after the QB with legitimacy and consistency. Allowing QBs to play playground football in the offensive backfield is not going to lead to success. We need a pass rushers or two above all (especially if we can't get a top QB in our natural draft position). 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

You know we're taking this loss better than I can remember us taking one in a long time.

There is no freak out. We're left still feeling good about the team.

I think things have changed.

Well, one just has to be realistic. We may get a few wins this year because we are actually competitive, but we aren't  legitimate contenders, as we have too many holes. But we can see incremental improvement despite the holes.

9 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I’m optimistic that we have a coach.  I like his aggression and the offense is well designed.  I liked the call to fake the punt.

He's bold. He's only going to get better. He's already the most aggressive coach we've had and he comes by it naturally, not forced like Rivera.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Burrow had just too much time to [ick off our defense .  Dalton is our QB for now. If he can get extended for next year and we get a good DE we could wait until 2026 for a QB .We need to extend Johnson and Hubbard .  We may lose Thielen but I think we can make up this loss .  I hope Brooks can play next week .   

• Pie 1

42 minutes ago, rayzor said:

You know we're taking this loss better than I can remember us taking one in a long time.

There is no freak out. We're left still feeling good about the team.

I think things have changed.

Well, there is some sense that we aren't utter chaos. We are bereft of talent and have a mismanaged roster but the coaching seems sound. That is a first in a long time.

• Pie 3