• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just imagine

Toolbox

58 minutes ago, TheCandyMan said:

Well that sucks.  Just rubs me the wrong way when select people dictate who can draft them. 

I feel you. But anybody could do it, only the stars are sure to get away with it. It's like having fug You money in a way. Because a regular player does that.... it's fug you buddy. 

16 minutes ago, strato said:

That team had more good wining regular seasons and so little playoff success, about what I remember. Schottenheimer, Turner... made no difference. 

Yeah those Chargers teams were loaded they folded in the playoffs because of Rivers.

His longest playoff run in his career was in his second season and they lost to the Patriots in the AFC championship game where he threw for 211 yards no touchdowns and 2 interceptions.

Rivers had all the talent you could ask for but in the playoffs he was just a choke artist. All the other statistical accomplishments amount to nothing due to that. But that's just my opinion.

4 minutes ago, csx said:

Rivers bested him in every statistical category. Those 2 SB wins were the only thing that makes it a conversation 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2872689-comparing-2004-nfl-draft-qbs-career-stats-after-eli-mannings-giants-retirement

Vehemently agree to disagree. See above.

• Beer 1

30 minutes ago, frankw said:

Rivers in his first two seasons as the starter had prime hall of famer Ladainian Tomlinson running like a madman.

In his first playoff game against the Patriots in January 2007 they lost 24-21.

Tomlinson had 123 yards and 2 touchdowns. His other back Turner also had a touchdown.

Rivers had 230 passing yards zero touchdowns and 1 interception. 🗑

Almost like Fouits. But Fouts is HOF. One year he threw 5 ints against Miami in the second round. Which I can't remember the WC era that could have been the championship game. I skimmed his wiki  a minute ago because I wanted to be sure he didn't make a SB. Then I saw that  about the one year and just stopped reading. 

• Beer 1

Y'all need to get off the Arch Manning hope train right now because that ain't happening. No chance that family (not to mention the league office) lets Arch play for any team that isn't on the "approved" list and you can bet your ass that ain't a list we're on.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Y'all need to get off the Arch Manning hope train right now because that ain't happening. No chance that family (not to mention the league office) lets Arch play for any team that isn't on the "approved" list and you can bet your ass that ain't a list we're on.

Let’s start the list, who do we think is on it? Is it based on market or owner/ coach!

There are only a couple of teams he would hold out for

1. LA Rams

2. Miami Dolphins

3. Dallas Cowboys 

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Yeah those Chargers teams were loaded they folded in the playoffs because of Rivers.

His longest playoff run in his career was in his second season and they lost to the Patriots in the AFC championship game where he threw for 211 yards no touchdowns and 2 interceptions.

I mean to be fair he was playing that AFC championship with a torn ACL and meniscus. Ladainian also got hurt in that game and Gates was also banged up IIRC. And they probably win if Marlon McCree takes a knee instead of letting Troy brown strip the ball out and gives Brady the ball back. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, mc52beast said:

What makes people think Manning will be a good NFL QB? Because his last name is Manning? 

Has every physical trait, can make every throw in the book, best coaching and trainers in the world since he was walking, and yes the Manning name actually means something 3 of those made the NFL and dominated for some period of time so genetically something is obviously going for them. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, csx said:

Fine, Rivers was the better QB and the Chargers also got an extra 1st, 3rd, and fifth out of it.

Rivers may have put up sexier numbers, but even with good defenses and LT in the backfield for many of those years, Eli won two superbowls snd Phillip never even sniffed one...  so, not sure who won that exchange.