• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just imagine

Toolbox

12 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Except Eli beat the Pats and Tom Brady twice in the Super Bowl and he'll likely get into the HOF.

Bur everyone knows those runs didn't match his overall career. It's the defining characteristic and heart of the debate.

Edited by csx

28 minutes ago, TheCandyMan said:

Legit question. In the present day NFL how would that work now with rookie contracts?  I know the Mannings are NFL royalty, but if a team drafts him, they have his rights for 4-5 years no?  I’d draft him and make him hold out for years if need be just because I could.  That and I hate the Mannings. 

Jericho caught the ball and they head hunted Cam. F Paintin’ Manning!

Dude with Tepper, this could actually happen. 

25 minutes ago, csx said:

Bur everyone knows those runs didn't match his overall career. It's the defining characteristic and heart of the debate.

I can't stand the Manning's but Eli absolutely did his thing through both of those Super Bowl runs. I personally wouldn't put him in the hall of fame but he is without a doubt better than Rivers IMO.

Edited by frankw

7 minutes ago, frankw said:

I can't stand the Manning's but Eli absolutely did his thing through both of those playoff runs. I personally wouldn't put him in the hall of fame but he is without a doubt better than Rivers IMO.

I'd have to go back and see the roster differences, Eli was just kind of meh. 

44 minutes ago, TheCandyMan said:

Legit question. In the present day NFL how would that work now with rookie contracts?  I know the Mannings are NFL royalty, but if a team drafts him, they have his rights for 4-5 years no?  I’d draft him and make him hold out for years if need be just because I could.  That and I hate the Mannings.

That's what I've thought too;if I were a team that wanted him I would draft him; someone in the thread said year 1 he can sit out, year 2 he's a FA basically.

If he wants to waste a year of his youth so be it, it's a gamble bc the next franchise that gets the #1 pick could also be horrible, and I don't see anybody actually wasting 2 years of their career. I say call their bluff or get a historically lopsided trade. (i.e. even more than we gave up for Bryce lol)

1 minute ago, strato said:

I'd have to go back and see the roster differences, Eli was just kind of meh. 

Rivers in his first two seasons as the starter had prime hall of famer Ladainian Tomlinson running like a madman.

In his first playoff game against the Patriots in January 2007 they lost 24-21.

Tomlinson had 123 yards and 2 touchdowns. His other back Turner also had a touchdown.

Rivers had 230 passing yards zero touchdowns and 1 interception. 🗑

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

Rivers in his first two seasons as the starter had prime hall of famer Ladainian Tomlinson running like a madman.

In his first playoff game against the Patriots in January 2007 they lost 24-21.

Tomlinson had 123 yards and 2 touchdowns. His other back Turner also had a touchdown.

Rivers had 230 passing yards zero touchdowns and 1 interception. 🗑

That team had more good wining regular seasons and so little playoff success, about what I remember. Schottenheimer, Turner... made no difference. 

Last year it was "defense is ok, fix the offense and we'll be".  Truth is, its draft, we have to draft better and develop players.  I really like this years draft class, but we gotta keep drafting well, without good drafts we'll continue saying we just need to fix "insert new problem we neglect to fix a different problem"

1 hour ago, jb2288 said:

We will see how the rest of the season plays out but with Canale's history I'm thinking the plan could be extend Dalton for 3 years if the deal is right and build the defensive roster. Draft a QB 2026 or 2027 to sit under Dalton. We can make the playoffs in a year or two if we spend smartly in FA, the young guys on offense keep developing, and Dalton can keep this level of play up

This is the way.

32 minutes ago, frankw said:

I can't stand the Manning's but Eli absolutely did his thing through both of those Super Bowl runs. I personally wouldn't put him in the hall of fame but he is without a doubt better than Rivers IMO.

Rivers bested him in every statistical category. Those 2 SB wins were the only thing that makes it a conversation 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2872689-comparing-2004-nfl-draft-qbs-career-stats-after-eli-mannings-giants-retirement