• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

32nd(last) ranked defense

Panthers Fan 69

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah we paid out for our OL.  Dalton is cheap, Chuba is cheap, our weapons are cheap, Young is on a rookie contract.  Hunt and Moton are eating a chunk of our salary, but honestly the $51 million in dead cap is what is making everything out of wack.  Moton is making a lot because we pushed his money back, we paid out for Hunt, and just paid DB (earned money).  

I don't hear any concession to the facts. Numbers say what they say. Peace.

20 hours ago, MHS831 said:

When half the season Bryce was QB and we were going three and out, the Defense breaks down. 

Again, we gave up TDs on the first drives of games before Young ever stepped on the field. We lost in part due to failing at the goal line, but more so because the D let up an TD with 1 minute left before half and then let them march down the field right after half when they were rested during halftime. Our D is just ass, it is. It has been for a bit. Brown and maybe Horn, if he stays healthy, are the only guys other teams would even want to have on their teams.

I know people have enjoyed Dalton starting (my son and I have), but there are still so many holes on our team, including depth. We lose Brown and we become the worst D in the league. We lose Thielen and we drop too many balls.

Hopefully, Legette, Brooks and Sanders take big steps next year so we can focus on the D and maybe add a Tank Dell/Josh Downs type as our 3rd WR in the 3rd or 4th round. Not sure about any QB in this draft so I wouldn’t be opposed to the best D player. I see some DL/CBs up high in mocks. Ideally, we can trade down a little for a QB needy team. I know we are too but maybe we fleece someone for once.

7 minutes ago, strato said:

I don't hear any concession to the facts. Numbers say what they say. Peace.

Sorry you definitely aren't wrong.  The problem is our offense isn't some star loaded offense either.  The acquisition cost to acquire Young skews the draft picks quiet a but plus if you go back a couple years earlier we went all in on defense.  That class should be carrying us as vets right now.  To me the dead cap hit and the assets used on Bryce are neutering this roster right now.  We paid out some OL this offseason too so yeah the defense is getting neglected this past couple years.  I just don't think they are much worse that last year's defense, just have a lot more injuries. 

TLDR version you are right!  Plus several other factors. 

• Beer 1