• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

32nd(last) ranked defense

1 minute ago, frankw said:

How is it sunshine pumping to acknowledge the defensive roster is mostly ass cheeks and bandaids?

Becasue they are dead last. You don’t get a pass for being dead last in the league. I think they would still suck with their starters. I would rather see the younger players that have heart vs guys like Shaq that are stretching out those play days. 

1 minute ago, Johnstonny said:

...I mean...our cornerstone is a 30yr old shaq thompson...whos name is never uttered over the loud speaker...

You'll get no argument out of me. I'm ready for a full on youth movement on that side of the ball.

• Pie 2

This offseason they let 4 starters and multiple key rotational players walk. Threw all their resources into offense in an attempt to salvage Bryce's career.

Take that paper thin bottom tier talent and add a bunch of injuries, the D is being held together by duct tape and super glue at this point. Any team not lead by some Gardner Minshew level QB is going to shred these guys.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

If you've been watching good DCs for a while, you know bad personnel and good DC gets a team ranked between 17 to 22. Bad DCs finish in the bottom 10 regardless of personnel. Good DC with good personnel is top 12.

Good personnel never carries a defense without a good DC. The MOST IMPORTANT person on the defense is the DC.

Stop making excuses for Evero. This defensive scheme is easy to read/call for college coaches.

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

If you've been watching good DCs for a while, you know bad personnel and good DC gets a team ranked between 17 to 22. Bad DCs finish in the bottom 10 regardless of personnel. Good DC with good personnel is top 12.

Good personnel never carries a defense without a good DC. The MOST IMPORTANT person on the defense is the DC.

Stop making excuses for Evero. This defensive scheme is easy to read/call for college coaches.

This 

3 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

What DC had comparable talent to this present day roster whose team was ranked between 17-22…..the past couple seasons? 

To an extent I agree with your general gist but this roster is uniquely bad

• Pie 5

12 minutes ago, Johnstonny said:

...I mean...our cornerstone is a 30yr old shaq thompson...whos name is never uttered over the loud speaker...

Our cornerstone is on IR for the year. The defense needs an injection of talent and youth next off season but we have to live with this poo this season. Especially with all the injuries we've had

• Pie 1

Well they did waive the only OLB with a sack other than clowney and now can’t rush the passer. So that’s annoying. Wonnum better be good or he can kick rocks too 

Edited by RJK

25 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

It’s not going to improve much as our entire front 7 is injured or old.  The team is, however, functioning.  Let’s relish that for a bit before we bemoan a tattered defensive unit.

Yeah I don’t understand the lack of perspective. I think this team is worse than the 01 or 10 teams in terms of talent and it’s going to take a while to catch up from all the bad decisions.