• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

32nd(last) ranked defense

How many of our current defensive roster would start on a defense that's considered average?

Horn.  Maybe Shaq. Jackson. I'm struggling to name any other average or better players on our defense.

Hard to make chicken salad sometimes...

This front 7 is about as bad of a 7 I can ever remeber for us.

Jewell misses alot of gaps and is too slow to make up for being out of position.

The line is getting next to no pressure when rushing four.

Honestly, our secondary has probaly outplayed expectations outside of that Chase TD.

• Beer 1

21 minutes ago, bigjohn said:

How many of our current defensive roster would start on a defense that's considered average?

Horn.  Maybe Shaq. Jackson. I'm struggling to name any other average or better players on our defense.

Hard to make chicken salad sometimes...

Giving way too much credit to Shaq.  He would be on the bench on an average team.

9 minutes ago, App Panther said:

This front 7 is about as bad of a 7 I can ever remeber for us.

Jewell misses alot of gaps and is too slow to make up for being out of position.

The line is getting next to no pressure when rushing four.

Honestly, our secondary has probaly outplayed expectations outside of that Chase TD.

I agree 100%.  Our secondary is far from being a liability.   Our trash Dline and weak linebacker are our biggest problems.   Linebackers would look better if we had Brown playing.  The Dline needs to step up, but I don't think the  talent is there.  Even when Wonnum comes back, we will not be able to generate enough pressure or stop the run consistently. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

That snows defense had a young burns, brown, shaq along with Boston and Jackson. Plus an at the right position chinn tearing it up. 

tell me ya know not what you’re speaking about without actually saying it. 

You do know who the rookies were and how bad those rookies struggled? You do know how ineffective Brown was in his first 2 to 3 years? You know Burns was worse as a 2nd year player than he was last season, and Evero got less out of Burns. Are you saying Burns and Brown were better with Snow than last year with Evero? Shaq was available to both too, and Evero got the better trio.

You're even saying that secondary is better than this secondary too? Next you'll tell me Jewell (Evero's chosen leader) is worse than Whitehead. Luvu and Houston were better than Whitehead and Evero got less out of better players.

Imagine Evero with a rookie Roy next to a struggling rookie Brown?

I like how you act like Evero never had the more developed Chinn, and got less out of him than Snow. Evero wanted to replace Chinn with Fuller, as if Chinn and not Evero was the problem.

Want to disagree with this veteran combo of Burns, Chinn, Brown, Shaq being worse than the rookie/sophomore version?

Tell me ya know Evero has had more than Snow and has gotten less out of them. Seems that would point to the DC being the problem (especially when you take his destruction of the top 10 Denver defense into account).

You made my point and didn't even realize it.