• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

32nd(last) ranked defense

29 minutes ago, strato said:

David Tepper is why that is happening. Forced it on Rivera. 

At the same time the Panthers always had trouble blocking the 34.  

We always had trouble running the ball against it.  And back then, if we couldn’t run the ball we were screwed.  

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, L-TownCat said:

We always had trouble running the ball against it.  And back then, if we couldn’t run the ball we were screwed.  

Couldn't pick up pressure as efficiently either as I recall. We just sucked against it, mostly because it was something we only saw a couple of time a season. Maybe. 

3 minutes ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

At least the team is competitive now with Dalton. Imagine how hilariously bad the season would look with the 32 ranked defense and Bryce "3 and out" Young starting the entire year.

Or one and a turnover. 

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Sorry my man. I’m not sunshine pumping a 32nd ranked D. No participation trophies.  They aren’t good. Should have to make excuses for an NFL team being last…

How is that sunshine pumping? It seems a realistic assessment, and not positive. I don't need sunglasses to process that. 

1 hour ago, CPantherKing said:

Many. Recently, Snow had 3 rookies, a weak run defending DL and a garbage secondary led by Shaq as the only average LB. This defense is by far better than Snows roster. It may still be better than Snows roster with the injuries if not the same.

Raheem Morris is an awful HC, but he's a good DC. He did more with less in 2023. His one piece was a used up (ready to retire) Donald. Put rookies in a position to make plays. He would have this Panthers defensive roster in the top 20.

That snows defense had a young burns, brown, shaq along with Boston and Jackson. Plus an at the right position chinn tearing it up. 

tell me ya know not what you’re speaking about without actually saying it. 

The biggest issue with this defense is the line and Evero.  The more I watch his bend don't break schemes, the more I get pissed off.  He doesn't even try to pressure the QB.  Hardly any blitzes from linebacker or even a corner.  He has no imagination.  I think our secondary has a chance to be top tier, if they didn't have to try to lock down the other teams receivers for 4 plus seconds.  This Dline and Evero's scheme is @ss.