• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

32nd(last) ranked defense

He is more or less hired and kept to try and get a draft pick because the league is playing that card.

I really never thought differently but that’s okay if he can cut it. And I think he is okay. But can’t fulfill that hope without the pieces.

Who could make this bunch into a good D?  Not Evero.  Buddy Ryan couldn’t do it. Monte Kiffin couldn’t do it. That’s game set match. 

When you have such a Shiite QB in your organization that you think you have to provide him with top players at every position, it’s kind of hard on the rest of the team. 

Edited by strato

That saints game is looking like a week one flukey deal...the next week they dropped like 50 on dallas....since then its been 10 and 20 some points.

evero is the highest paid and he could be better even with limited talent. many of which were hand picked by him. 

1 minute ago, L-TownCat said:

IF I was going to complain about the defense, my complaint would be running a base 3-4.  I hate the 3-4, I’ve never even liked the 3-4 except when we ran it in the 90’s and I didn’t know any better.  

David Tepper is why that is happening. Forced it on Rivera. 

At the same time the Panthers always had trouble blocking the 34.  

Edited by strato

5 minutes ago, RJK said:

Safety blitzes all day since they can’t cover or tackle in the open field anyway 

Even assuming they actually managed to do something useful and get to the QB, they'd probably just throw a shoulder into Burrow and fall down.

I honestly don't remember seeing a safety depth chart as bad as this one, they are beyond garbage. You could probably stick a couple scarecrows into the turf back there and have about the same results.

Still surprised we didn't blitz more, you know the standard pass rush isn't gonna do jack. Might as well blitz a safety every obvious passing situation, not like they could be any more useless.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

What DC had comparable talent to this present day roster whose team was ranked between 17-22…..the past couple seasons? 

To an extent I agree with your general gist but this roster is uniquely bad

Many. Recently, Snow had 3 rookies, a weak run defending DL and a garbage secondary led by Shaq as the only average LB. This defense is by far better than Snows roster. It may still be better than Snows roster with the injuries if not the same.

Raheem Morris is an awful HC, but he's a good DC. He did more with less in 2023. His one piece was a used up (ready to retire) Donald. Put rookies in a position to make plays. He would have this Panthers defensive roster in the top 20.

15 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

IF I was going to complain about the defense, my complaint would be running a base 3-4.  I hate the 3-4, I’ve never even liked the 3-4 except when we ran it in the 90’s and I didn’t know any better.  

It works great *IF* you have a legit massive NT......think vince wilfork. It honestly alllll start there at NT. 

Panthers dont have one NT in what 2 years?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

The 3-4 is fine as long as you have the proper players for it, which the Panthers don't. They're still trying to shoehorn 4-3 guys in since they were under contract and have just signed/drafted players that don't really fit it. If the 3-4 sucked, the Ravens, Steelers, Chiefs, and others wouldn't run it.