• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Team is still $$hit, however…

8 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Team's not as bad as it was. It had a chance till that last drive where we had some bad drops.

We had a chance against a really good team.

We had a chance missing some key players.

That's not a poo team.

Might be time for a new perspective.

My perspective is exactly what I said….at least it’s competitive. What so hard about that as a “needing a new perspective”?

I knew we would see more third and longs today with the absence of Adam. Regardless of what some say, he draws a ton of respect from defenses and is Andy’s favorite target. He and Johnson are still meshing. 

This will be a week getting back to fundamentals.  Tackling and drops cost them the game…. But look,  It’s Joe throwing to Chase and Higgins with their shot at the playoffs hanging in the balance. Sound familiar? It’s like we’ve seen this scenario before. 

This Panthers team in 2 weeks: 60 points. 48 first downs (let that sink in) 7 touchdowns. Chuba has 218 rush yards, averaging over 5 yards a carry. Both games convincingly winning the TOP. Best WR since… Smitty?!! (DJ Moore people coming at me with torches and pitchforks here… sorry Y’all, Johnson has a higher top gear). In 3 starts, I haven’t yet had a “Damnit, Andy” moment. 

I couldn’t tell you more than 6 starters on the defense. Most are JAG- level, BUT, they play their asses off. I know there are no moral victories and all of that, but to be down as far as we were at one point and still battling. Gang tackling. That’s character, and it starts at the top. We’ve seen this team mail it in with smaller deficits than that. They believe in their QB and coaching. 

This week will be fundamentals and developing X to be more comfortable as the #2 until Thielen returns. This is a good thing as it kind of felt like the moment was a bit big for him. I think the pressure of it all directly led to his drops. You couldn’t ask for better mentoring than Thielen and Andy. At the end of the season, kid is going to be a straight up stud. Let him get some confidence and more fluidity to his play… DK level problem. Just watch. 

I don’t know how to judge Evero yet. He doesn’t have much to work with. A pass rush completely changes the complexion of this game. Joe had an obscene amount of time. It, in addition to poor tackling was the difference here. I think if you give him an at least average pass rush… it’s just not fair to judge a coach when maybe 5 of our current starters would even make the 53 man roster on other squads. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1