• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I oddly feel fine

lightsout

Yeah I'm not too upset. I don't feel like we won't have a chance the rest of the season. We lost to a good team that has a better offense and was more desperate for a win than we were.

We could have won it.

We should have won it.

And that's something that I haven't been able to say about a game vs. a good team in years.

We're building our way back.

• Pie 4

This was a solid game. The refs took us out of the game. We can’t do anything about that. We’re just not at the place where we can beat two teams at once yet. 

If we had a Charles Johnson level DE this would be a great team.

It’s a step in the right direction. Dalton makes us competitive and that’s all I ask as a fan. I know we won’t win as many games, I just want us to be in it. We all knew the D would be a two pack of ass and now losing two starting LBs, especially one with experience like Shaq, isn’t easy to over come. 

we know Bryce isn’t the guy, let’s be competitive, get some wins, and start building a team. 

Really, the drops and the defense killed us.  Evero looked like a genius year one, but idk man...  I know we're lacking talent in some spots, but they unit as a whole is playing like a sieve.  And when guys like Woods are trying to shoulder check Jamarr Chase instead of tackle him, you give up 30+ points a game.

Andy, as expected, can win us games.  He's doing all that he can.  I was a bit disappointed in the OL with the run game early today, and the young receivers have to get rid of the dropsies. 

But this team has some good pieces and I expect us to compete to win every week...  but this defense has figure it the fug out.

• Beer 1

It certainly went better than the last time we played the Bengals score wise. We were in it late in the 4th.

But man these receivers need a fire lit under their ass or something. At this point give anyone reps over Mingo. I've stuck up for him but dude I'm sick of the lack of effort. If you don't wanna ball then fug off and go sit with Bryce Young.

Edited by frankw

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

Really, the drops and the defense killed us.  Evero looked like a genius year one, but idk man...  I know we're lacking talent in some spots, but they unit as a whole is playing like a sieve.  And when guys like Woods are trying to shoulder check Jamarr Chase instead of tackle him, you give up 30+ points a game.

Andy, as expected, can win us games.  He's doing all that he can.  I was a bit disappointed in the OL with the run game early today, and the young receivers have to get rid of the dropsies. 

But this team has some good pieces and I expect us to compete to win every week...  but this defense has figure it the fug out.

It was against the Bengals who have a really good offense.

I think the defense will do and look better the rest of the season.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, frankw said:

It certainly went better than the last time we played the Bengals score wise. We were in it late in the 4th.

But man these receivers need a fire lit under their ass or something. At this point give anyone reps over Mingo. I've stuck up for him but dude I'm sick of the lack of effort. If you don't wanna ball then fug off with Bryce Young.

The problem is Mingo is probably our best blocking WR by a good margin.

We were in this game, and competitive... despite not really having a D. Dalton can command this offense easily for the next 2 years... he can be our Burllien, or Brad Johnson, or Fitzpatrick game manager at a pretty high level and solidifies a working offense. This will give us time to allow Canales to select a QB when the time presents itself.  Mingo has this season to prove he belongs...otherwise Adious... mufker... XL is a rookie and gets a pass but needs to improve but I like what I see. This next draft needs to focus on D...and I don't care if I ever hear Shaqs name called...ever again. 

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, lightsout said:

This is the first loss in at least two years where I am thinking "we needed a stop before or after half.  Played a good game, couple mistakes cost us".

Like it sucks but it wasn't for lack of effort. Missed some plays, didn't stop them enough, it was a good game overall. 

On to next week

It's still a massive improvement over the last year and two games 

• Pie 1