• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I oddly feel fine

lightsout

I’m the same way. Yea there was some frustrating stuff, the drops really killed our chances of coming back at the end, but the offense looks solid. Defense is dealing with too many injuries, Brown being out hurts a lot. But that was still Burrow, Chase and Higgins. They’re a great offense. We’re just not in their league yet. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

Some winnable games coming up. Today we ran into a desperate talented team who had to win. It was a bad spot for us and was always a mismatch with the defense. Combined with the expected bs calls from the refs and it just wasn’t our day. Need to regroup and win in Chicago next week. 

• Pie 3

Penalties, injuries and multiple 50/50 plays didn't go our way today and yet this team competed against a much more talented Bengals team. Proud of them. There are some pieces on this team and Canales might be a great coach. Just build this team up this offseason with young talent through the draft particularly on defense and we may be cooking faster than the national media thinks 

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

This one hurts, it always does when you know mistakes cost you. Gotta hope us getting some players back will help. We also missed theilen more than I thought. 

The receivers need to be on the jug machines extra time all week. 

I'm disappointed, that's a bad Bengals team and we won't get many more winnable games like that.

I'm resigned to losing A LOT of games this season because the talent on the defensive side of the ball wouldn't look out of place in the XFL. It's an abomination. 

Agreed.  It just got a lot tougher going forward with the injuries piling up, but the offense is competent and capable.

Canales is going to be a good HC for us.  Things are trending up in Carolina for the first time in a long time.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, lightsout said:

This is the first loss in at least two years where I am thinking "we needed a stop before or after half.  Played a good game, couple mistakes cost us".

Like it sucks but it wasn't for lack of effort. Missed some plays, didn't stop them enough, it was a good game overall. 

On to next week

I agree, we were right there, and that’s all I’m asking for this year. We’re playing hard, Canales looks like a keeper, Dalton might be a 2-3 year solution. Though they had some drops, Legette and Mingo blocks all out. We know the defense would take a step back this year. But every game will be watchable and that’s not bad for this year.

• Beer 1