• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So why is Ejiro so awesome?

TheMaulClaw

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think we want him to be a very good DC in just not seeing a lot of evidence for it. I don't think he's bad I just think he's basically pretty run of the mill. Given great talent I'm sure he could look great. Run of the mill with great talent to work with will look great. I think don't think Evero is going to drag down a defense but I also don't think he's going to lift up a defense over it's base talent level either.

He was very good in Denver the year before we got him (they didn't want him to leave, but they fired his friend who was the HC so he felt slighted) and he was very good last year for us when we had a handful of NFL starting calibre players. 

I don't know if he'll ever field a dominant defence because to me it looks like his thing is getting players to play above and beyond their skill level in a 'bend but don't break' zone scheme, but he's very good regardless. 

1 hour ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Just saying, our d is trash.  Always so much hype around this guy as a coach, but I'm not seeing it.  He's never criticized, but he should be.  It just seems like the d isn't prepared.  I know there is a talent gap, but tackling and effort is a different story.  I'm not saying he is a bad coach, and he's well spoken...but I haven't seen results that scream that he is a great coach.

We have 1 cornerback.  That’s basically our defensive roster.   There is no scheme to not suck  when you have no talent.  

Evero was setup to fail this year.  He will fail.  He will be the fall guy face this year.  

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Does Evero tackle?

Does Evero have pass rushers?

Look at the defense Horn is the only legit starter we have. 

You gave him a no name defense and expected him to make something out of nothing.

Draft Sanders and draft all defense. That's my only suggestion at the moment. Offense has some ballers.

With this logic why’d we ever fire a coach?  I mean Ron, Matt, Mark never played a snap while they were part of the organization.

No he’s not on the field but it is his job to make sure the players he has play fundamental football. I’m not saying fire the guy but yeah, he gets paid to coach. 

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

We have 1 cornerback.  That’s basically our defensive roster.   There is no scheme to not suck  when you have no talent.  

Evero was setup to fail this year.  He will fail.  He will be the fall guy face this year.  

Thats true.

I feel like this is similar to last year BY, yes the OL sucks and the TEs and the WRs(minusAT) but so does BY too. Not at the same level, but evero could do better. 

Not to devil's advocate this. He got to pick his safety, LB, and Robinson. Hes picking lots of the groceries and I think hes the highest paid DC in the NFL. 

Plus they have never found a NT. Tutlte and dbrown going down hurts. Ray and thurman were try-out dudes that found their way onto this team. They are starting and playing heavy minutes. 

evero was also a big part of trading up for dj johnson. 

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

Thats true.

I feel like this is similar to last year BY, yes the OL sucks and the TEs and the WRs(minusAT) but so does BY too. Not at the same level, but evero could do better. 

Not to devil's advocate this. He got to pick his safety, LB, and Robinson. Hes picking lots of the groceries and I think hes the highest paid DC in the NFL. 

Plus they have never found a NT. Tutlte and dbrown going down hurts. Ray and thurman were try-out dudes that found their way onto this team. They are starting and playing heavy minutes. 

evero was also a big part of trading up for dj johnson. 

Sure, but they basically were like….you a forced to comeback and we are burning down this D.  Here’s a couple dollars, pick some bargain bin kids you like.   

I think it was all strategic.  Plan was to improve the O hopefully and have the D stink,  then when we only win a couple games….Evero, the dude forced to be here, takes the hit.   That way the new era gets the angle of success/improvement.   There is basically always a fall guy most seasons you can see coming.  Evero was talked about being it before the season started off. 

Evero is like Philly McD.  The DC ain’t the issue.  Team ranked the D roster 

1 hour ago, csx said:

I don't see him being retained barring some unquestionable turnaround. I assumed he could scheme some sort of respectability even with a weak roster. 

I don't think we'll have a say in the matter. His contract will expire in the offseason - he'll definitely leave to go and coach a D with actual NFL players on it.