• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So why is Ejiro so awesome?

TheMaulClaw

He never was. They also didn't spend enough on that side. The problem is it's his 2nd year so even without spending enough the guys here aren't really holdovers. It's a coaching and talent issue. He needs to do better with what we have. Today he didn't.

What is he supposed to do?  This is by far the worst defense in the NFL when it comes to sheer talent.  We've got guys like Nick Thurman and Nick Scott starting.  They suck.

Edited by Mage
  • Pie 2

39 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Or a sign your defense has no good players.

I'm still waiting for someone to name me a good player outside of Horn.

I'm not saying he's a bad coach.  He's really good depending on what you want.    His best skill is making a defense that lacks talent, average.  I just will always prefer someone more aggressive. 

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Evero is just okay. Not great, not awful. Basically a JAG DC. Our pass rush sucks and so does our tackling today. I honestly don't think there's much he can do schematically to fix either.

He's a very good DC.

Unfortunately outside of Horn and Jackson (with Brown now being injured) we've left him with a defensive squad lacking NFL starting calibre players.

There's only so much you can do when there is zero pass rush and nobody can tackle in space. 

• Pie 1

44 minutes ago, Waldo said:

He never was. They also didn't spend enough on that side. The problem is it's his 2nd year so even without spending enough the guys here aren't really holdovers. It's a coaching and talent issue. He needs to do better with what we have. Today he didn't.

What do we have?

• Flames 1

Just now, OldhamA said:

He's a very good DC.

Unfortunately outside of Horn and Jackson (with Brown now being injured) we've left him with a defensive squad lacking NFL starting calibre players.

There's only so much you can do when there is zero pass rush and nobody can tackle in space. 

I think we want him to be a very good DC in just not seeing a lot of evidence for it. I don't think he's bad I just think he's basically pretty run of the mill. Given great talent I'm sure he could look great. Run of the mill with great talent to work with will look great. I think don't think Evero is going to drag down a defense but I also don't think he's going to lift up a defense over it's base talent level either.

• Pie 1

We gutted the defense and threw all resources into offense in an attempt to salvage Bryce, and you're seeing the results. Talent just isn't there. Pass rush is near non-existence, safeties are beyond ass.

Evero isn't some GOAT DC, but he's not horrible either. Mostly a talent issue, only so much you can do with these scrubs, especially against an offense like the Bengals have.

• Pie 1