• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So why is Ejiro so awesome?

TheMaulClaw

Retain him. He hasn’t had a legit chance to prove himself. I will say they shown 0 quit and they swarm tackle. They are cohesive, but lacking true DUDES.

Defense is easier to build than offense. Everyone knew what the D would be. Offense has been a very pleasant surprise thus far. 

Do some cap sorcery, sign Andy for 3 (yes, 3) more years, trade Johnson for a second (easily worth that now) later in the season. Maybe even get some blue chip young defensive starter in the trade. 

Go defense in the draft. Front 7. I’d actually like to go back to 4:3. 

59 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Our defense isn’t good, we don’t have much talent. So why aren’t we running the ball and controlling the TOP so our defense spends less time on the field.

The big play the defense gave up was a reason they had the ball less time but I thought that was done. And we were playing from behind after the 1st quarter. I didn't understand the reliance on Sanders to take all those carries. 

He's not.   A lot of excuse making for Evero in here.  His defense is a bend don't break.  He knows the players he has and he still hasn't tried to do anything different to generate pressure.  The term JAG gets used a lot with players.  It should also apply to coaches.   This secondary is actually holding up decently, even though his scheme is putting all the pressure on them.  He has no imagination and is doing absolutely nothing to help his secondary out pressure wise.

3 hours ago, Mistuh Jones said:

"Well spoken " is fugging wild 

Not really,  I find him to be incredibly articulate and zen when he speaks and exhudes intelligence at press conferences compared to most people I've heard.  Geez, you can't even give anyone a compliment anymore without someone taking it the wrong direction.

I love hearing Morgan Freeman talk too, is that also wrong?

Edited by TheMaulClaw

Again, outside of Horn right now, I don’t think there’s another player on this defense currently that would start on the majority of teams in this league. The defensive line is particularly brutal without Brown, as is the safety room. A coach can’t make guys win their 1 on 1s, and can’t tackle for them. This unit was always going to struggle when we made the decision to let Luvu walk, traded Burns and dumped money into the offense which had to happen. 

Our defense has been gutted with lack of talent and no commitment to the defense during the draft. Even though we can't stop anyone, at least we can score points. It's way more entertaining to watch offense score points and still lose, instead of a dominant D but no offense. Don't want to go back to Bryce days where a field goal was all we could look forward to. 

Excuses for Evero.

Evero stans will hang on to him as an unproven DC for half a decade before even considering he can't elevate below average talent to middle of the NFL like any good DC has done.

He could field a bottom 5 defense for 5 straight seasons and they will want him as HC. Just give him all pro players, right?

I hope Canales cans the Evero stans like he did Bryce stans by giving the defensive play calling to someone else after Evero puts up 2 more 30+ point games. Let's see if it's the defensive talent or the poo defensive prep and scheme.

I know who's holding back the defense just like I know who was holding back the offense. I'm positive I'm not the only one.

Edited by CPantherKing