• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This Andy Dalton/Dave Canales is legit

I'm wondering if "reclamation" project QBs might be the perfect archetype for this Canales offense. Having someone out there with nothing to lose really seems to fit the gun-slinging Farvesque play we've been seeing the past two weeks. Whatever it is, it is fun to watch and I'm enjoying watching for the first time in the Tepper era.

Let Bryce sit the rest of the season. Please.

• Pie 5

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

Canales is legit and so is Dalton, but let's be honest the real miss is Darnold/Wilks.

I'm gonna laugh my ass off if Darnold wins league MVP. He's scorching the NFL right now.

It's time to move on.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Canales is legit and so is Dalton, but let's be honest the real miss is Darnold/Wilks.

I'm gonna laugh my ass off if Darnold wins league MVP. He's scorching the NFL right now.

Kevin O’Connell and JJ are a big reason for his success

Darnold is the type that would have success in a Canales offense as well

Darnold has had some very lucky moments this year. When the play breakdown he still makes some boneheaded decisions. Both Darnold and Fields have been able to play with the lead most of the year. We’ll see what Sam looks like when he starts pressing and the Vikes are trailing 

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Kevin O’Connell and JJ are a big reason for his success

Darnold is the type that would have success in a Canales offense as well

Darnold has had some very lucky moments this year. When the play breakdown he still makes some boneheaded decisions. Both Darnold and Fields have been able to play with the lead most of the year. We’ll see what Sam looks like when he starts pressing and the Vikes are trailing 

And there’s goes Fields making a mess on 3rd and 10 play pressing 

I suspect same thing will happen with Sam when they starting losing 

52 minutes ago, FutureDynasty said:

I'm wondering if "reclamation" project QBs might be the perfect archetype for this Canales offense. Having someone out there with nothing to lose really seems to fit the gun-slinging Farvesque play we've been seeing the past two weeks. Whatever it is, it is fun to watch and I'm enjoying watching for the first time in the Tepper era.

Let Bryce sit the rest of the season. Please.

I was thinking the same.
If you can field a winning team without needing to pay elite QB money bc you can groom them up, that would be amazing.