• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For those touting Beck

Proudiddy

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No major decision is getting made without heavy Tepper influence and green lighting. We're literally relying on a football moron to blindly stumble into the right decisions. Tough place to be. We basically have a late stage Al Davis on our hands except we're likely stuck with him for a lot longer.

...or heavy Nicole influence. You'll get an idea on who she hugs... but yea...we are already in an unprecedented string of losing seasons with this franchise and I can easily see it approaching 10 in a row.

Edited by Johnstonny

2 minutes ago, Johnstonny said:

...or heavy Nicole influence. You'll get an idea on who she hugs... but yea...we are already in an unprecedented string of losing seasons with this franchise and I easily see 10 in a row.

Nicole reportedly wanted Stroud so hell, I'd rather have her involved than Dave. Chuba was reportedly a pick driven by Matt Rhule's wife and he's one of the bright spots on the roster. Maybe we just need to let the wives run the show.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 3

6 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah I want Hunter or Tmac for this reason.

Hunter is dynamic I'd love it if we could grab him. Honestly can't decide if he should play offense or defense but he keeps saying he wants to do both, In the NFL I don't think he can be a full time guy on both sides of the ball. But say 25-30 snaps at WR and 25-35 at CB might be doable, it would be crazy but awesome if that's the path whoever drafts him takes I could see him being a dynamic slot WR and Nickel CB.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No major decision is getting made without heavy Tepper influence and green lighting. We're literally relying on a football moron to blindly stumble into the right decisions. Tough place to be. We basically have a late stage Al Davis on our hands except we're likely stuck with him for a lot longer.

I’ll say this, IF Tepper was the main driving force behind Bryce then I seriously think he will let the football people pick their QB. Now if Fitt was the main driving force than convinced Tepper, that’s a completely different story. Not saying this happened but imagine owning a team and preferring Stroud, but the football guy you hired rolls with Bryce…

2 minutes ago, PantherChris said:

Hunter is dynamic I'd love it if we could grab him. Honestly can't decide if he should play offense or defense but he keeps saying he wants to do both, In the NFL I don't think he can be a full time guy on both sides of the ball. But say 25-30 snaps at WR and 25-35 at CB might be doable, it would be crazy but awesome if that's the path whoever drafts him takes I could see him being a dynamic slot WR and Nickel CB.

He could do it in packages as a speciality player. Saying that he will have no control on making that decision. He will play whatever the HC wants him to play.

He can do this in college at a high level, but it's not gonna happen at the NFL level especially at those amount of snaps.

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, csx said:

FWIW Richard Sherman says he's clearly a CB and that there's no way he's playing both in NFL.

The only thing I could see is him being a CB that takes a couple snaps a game on offense. Either as a decoy or to get him the ball in space. The Pats did it with Vrabel and I remember us getting Peppers a few looks in the redzone. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

He could do it in packages as a speciality player. Saying that he will have no control on making that decision. He will play whatever the HC wants him to play.

He can do this in college at a high level, but it's not gonna happen at the NFL level especially at those amount of snaps.

I think he would make a better CB day 1, but at the same time if he focused 100% on WR he'd still be a dynamic player. 

In my opinion whoever takes him will have him play CB with a few special packages at WR.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

I’ll say this, IF Tepper was the main driving force behind Bryce then I seriously think he will let the football people pick their QB. Now if Fitt was the main driving force than convinced Tepper, that’s a completely different story. Not saying this happened but imagine owning a team and preferring Stroud, but the football guy you hired rolls with Bryce…

The only thing that drives an egomaniac to double down even harder and get more involved is failing. I don't think there's anything that can get Tepper to admit that he sucks at something that he wants badly to succeed at. Failure just means he's going to put even more focus and effort into it.

• Pie 1