• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For those touting Beck

Proudiddy

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

The only thing that drives an egomaniac to double down even harder and get more involved is failing. I don't think there's anything that can get Tepper to admit that he sucks at something that he wants badly to succeed at. Failure just means he's going to put even more focus and effort into it.

The beatings will continue until morale improves

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

10 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We've made too many dumb decisions to trust ourselves. Trading up was honestly probably the right call. We just drafted the wrong QB. No reason to think we wouldn't do it again. I'm fine with taking a QB in the first but don't trade up to do it. I don't trust the organization to make the right call.

When there is a consensus can't miss guy there, you probably can't trade for the top pick. Unless you deal with us. 

5 minutes ago, Gapanthersfan said:

I watch UGA ball. Just as I suspected, the loss of Bowers and Mcconkey have exposed him. His arm strength is ok. 

accurate and teachable dude with a cannon for an arm, please. 

I can't argue with that. Take two of them. 

To beat the current NFL defensive schemes, cannon arm is essential. It’s the equalizer. Defenses are too fast and film study is too good. You’ve got to be able to hit a guy as soon as he flashes open.

Additionally, Fastballs are also harder to hold on to on an INT. All QBs have the ‘lucky that wasn’t picked’ errant throw. A cannon arm could easily account for 4+ fewer picks over a season. Look no further than our current situation. it only takes 1 pick to completely change a game. 

Can’t teach arm and size. Everything else is moldable.

Edited by Gapanthersfan

31 minutes ago, Gapanthersfan said:

I watch UGA ball. Just as I suspected, the loss of Bowers and Mcconkey have exposed him. His arm strength is ok. 

accurate and teachable dude with a cannon for an arm, please. 

The last championship QB y'all had was basically a less mobile version of Bryce Young. When you're stacked with talent you don't necessarily need a guy with all world physical talent, just a smart guy to play within the system and play feed the studs.

I have no idea how the NFL evaluations of Bryce and Bennett ended up so wildly different when they're actually extremely similar in tool sets. Bennett was drafted about where he should've been. Bryce was wildly overdrafted. I said leading up to the draft that when I watch Bryce at Bama I see a mid round QB that projects as a good backup/marginal starter type. I was wrong in that I was still thinking too highly of him at that.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

11 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's Will Levis on a better team.

So yeah, in the early 2nd I'd start to get tempted depending on who else was available.

Just gotta teach him how to read a defense and be accurate with the ball downfield.  He underthrows everything.  People aren't open by a mile in the pros.  But it's easier than teaching Bryce to have NFL tools lol.

10 minutes ago, Gapanthersfan said:

To beat the current NFL defensive schemes, cannon arm is essential. It’s the equalizer. Defenses are too fast and film study is too good. You’ve got to be able to hit a guy as soon as he flashes open.

Additionally, Fastballs are also harder to hold on to on an INT. All QBs have the ‘lucky that wasn’t picked’ errant throw. A cannon arm could easily account for 4+ fewer picks over a season. Look no further than our current situation. it only takes 1 pick to completely change a game. 

Can’t teach arm and size. Everything else is moldable.

For me, I look at baseball pitchers for a clue about arm strength. Their m.o. is dial it back from full effort to get control (accuracy). 

You have to have an arm that is big enough to do that with. 

But what I see is Young giving 100% effort to get what the real guys can get while dialing it back a hair. There is a video of Mahomes and Carr that measures their velocity. When throwing at their standard they get accuracy. When Mahomes steps up for his fastest fastball, it sails big time. 

Which practically every Bryce downfield throw did. And people are saying "see, I mean he is overthrowing them, his arm is fine". Okay.