• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Serious Question/Quick Vent

So I've been following the team for decades and always wondered who makes the call on the uniforms. I know the home teams have to submit a list prior to the season on jersey color and I'm pretty sure pants are week to week. 

I'm not ranting about wearing white the first few games of the season, I don't mind it. I will complain about phasing out the black/silver combo though, that was my favorite. We haven't been worth a damn since we starting wearing black/black at home all the time. 

Anyways, was just curious if anyone knew how that process worked. I always thought it was a group of people who went through the schedule before the season and decided. Then again there has always been rumors of one guy who did it. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

We wear white too much imo, but it's mainly because they have an obsession with not wearing black early in the season. 

The worst uniform development recently was changing the metallic silver pants to a matte gray finish. Looks terrible and doesn't match the helmets.

Cam newton spoke on exactly this a few weeks ago and its due to superstition mainly. We win a lot more in white than other fits(during cams time at least). There is the heat advantage too early in the season. There is an exception if we play the cowboys we WILL typically wear black regardless, because the cowboys have one of the leagues worst records when wearing their dark jerseys.