• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Games Week 4

Jackie Lee

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

This is exactly what we need to avoid. Daniel Jones going on year 6 and people still waiting for him to have a breakout season. They gave him a second contract for finally going 9-6-1 with 15 tds to 5 ints in 2022 lol. 

I agree with you but like Darnold the biggest thing Jones has going for him is he has all the physical intangibles. 6'5 230 as well. I'm not arguing he's good or he ever will be. But there is at least some kind of justification. With us there's nothing and the QB we traded up for is one of the least physically gifted QB's in the league. He is in no way shape or form a processing savant as advertised either. If the decision makers decided to give him more leash I'll probably stop watching. Cannot tolerate anymore coddling.

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

I agree with you but like Darnold the biggest thing Jones has going for him is he has all the physical intangibles. 6'5 230 as well. I'm not arguing he's good or he ever will be. But there is at least some kind of justification. With us there's nothing and the QB we traded up for is one of the least physically gifted QB's in the league. He is in no way shape or form a processing savant as advertised either. If the decision makers decided to give him more leash I'll probably stop watching. Cannot tolerate anymore coddling.

I mean basically the Giants declined his 5th year option then panicked when he won 9 games. But yeah all signs were pointing to him improving and he has the physical tools. He is under throwing these deep shots despite his build tonight. Dunno if that's been a trend lately

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I mean basically the Giants declined his 5th year option then panicked when he won 9 games. But yeah all signs were pointing to him improving and he has the physical tools. He is under throwing these deep shots despite his build tonight. Dunno if that's been a trend lately

Giants never should have given him that deal. But if he's a bust with all those tools then the Panthers need to be paying attention and learn. Do not repeat others mistakes. I worry they are caving to some of the public criticism and want to give Bryce another opportunity because they are scared of him going somewhere else and looking capable ie Darnold and Baker. To me there is only one path forward. Andy finishes the season. We draft another QB. If for some reason Young stays he competes with the others in camp and if he looks like he has put in no work and has not made any progress show his ass the door immediately. The Panthers need to stop messing around and start looking like a professional sports franchise already.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1