• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Not a football thread but y’all be safe

Some of this makes me think back through history. It kinda makes you sort of start to understand what it has to be like being a simple rural farmer in Gettysburg, PA and then all of a sudden... WHAT. THE. FUG!!!

Obviously all of this is still nothing compared to that but it makes you start to be able to barely comprehend what something like that must have been like.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Honestly I guess the better comp would've been Bull Run at the start of the war. People just had no clue the carnage that was to come. You had caravans of wagons of people riding out to watch the battle like a sporting event evidently completely unaware of the horrors they were going to witness.

Sorry, I'm down a rabbit hole. History is just my thing so I end up putting everything into historical perspectives. LOL

I'm receiving emails all morning directing us to ares I'm Wataga County ASAP. We we warned it will be hard for my folks to witness. I'm guessing they've found more bodies there. My team is going to need stress counseling when thos is over. 

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

34 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Guys I want to shift us back from making this too political and to put it in perspective. Today, our friends are helping out past lake lure and sent this….

”There are bodies hanging from trees in this valley in front of us but there is no way to get down there to get them down right now”   How terrible that help can’t even get down there to get folks bodies down from trees because how impassable the terrain still is. Just awful. 

Sadly, this thread was destined for the TinderBox days ago. Some folks just can’t help themselves.

Edited by Cullenator

8 minutes ago, Cullenator said:

Sadly, this thread was destined for the TinderBox days ago. Some folks just can’t help themselves.

There's posts here and there. The overall track of the thread is fine and refocuses itself just fine. Don't try to start a squabble where there is none.

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Some of this makes me think back through history. It kinda makes you sort of start to understand what it has to be like being a simple rural farmer in Gettysburg, PA and then all of a sudden... WHAT. THE. FUG!!!

Obviously all of this is still nothing compared to that but it makes you start to be able to barely comprehend what something like that must have been like.

My buddy says swannanoa is worse than what he saw in fallujah. There’s a field hospital there. 

The worst is going to be Burnsville from what I’ve heard. 

5 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

My buddy says swannanoa is worse than what he saw in fallujah. There’s a field hospital there. 

Yeah, I've heard Swannanoa is bad. Burnsville is probably going to be the worst effected town but the isolated communities up 19 and 80 are probably going to be the worst.

5 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Yeah, I've heard Swannanoa is bad. Burnsville is probably going to be the worst effected town but the isolated communities up 19 and 80 are probably going to be the worst.

2 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

My SIL did 2 tours there followed by 10 years for PTSD. Those responding are probably going to need help too during this. One of the reasons I wouldn't go to NYC after 9/11 was I knew I couldn't handle it mentally. For those of you on the ground there, be safe and much love to my NC family during all of this. 

• Pie 3

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There's posts here and there. The overall track of the thread is fine and refocuses itself just fine. Don't try to start a squabble where there is none.

The media and politicians are certainly looking to blame the other side.

How the North Carolina Legislature Left Homes Vulnerable to Helene

The amount of rain that Tropical Storm Helene unleashed over North Carolina was so intense, no amount of preparation could have entirely prevented the destruction that ensued.

More at the source

I highly doubt any of them mention redrawing flood maps in areas for developers.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

The media and politicians are certainly looking to blame the other side.

More at the source

I highly doubt any of them mention redrawing flood maps in areas for developers.

Media and politicians will do what they do. They've been net negatives for a long time now. They feed off of divisive bullshit. It's their lifeblood.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We've been covering NC 80 this week. It's really bad up there.

• Pie 1

32 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm receiving emails all morning directing us to ares I'm Wataga County ASAP. We we warned it will be hard for my folks to witness. I'm guessing they've found more bodies there. My team is going to need stress counseling when thos is over. 

You can't easily forget that type of thing.

I have seen some bad stuff, but I think dealing with deceased who have not been found in a week could be pretty horrible. Wouldn't want to have to do that.