• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Not a football thread but y’all be safe

Panthers Fan 69

21 minutes ago, Basbear said:

In the past few days our great goverment has gave away billions and more millions to taiwan, israel, ukraine.......... while TN, NC, GA, VI, SC are in dead waters?? Just pisses me off to no end. Theres over 1,000 missing in ashville last I heard. Trucks being turned away and tires cut by crazy people. My uncle just came up from SC and borrowed my generator, cords, and gas can. He had one but had to return it and said it would be months before they got power. 

Leadership is fuging this all up. 

You know that we are no longer important to them. 

• Flames 1

33 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

People take pride in rebuilding after disasters. Even in obvious flood zones. They rebuild on the coast after every hurricane. They rebuild on the Rockies after every wildfire. They rebuild along the fault lines after every earthquake.

People shouldn't be building in flood plains but they do and they will.

Sure. You have to know when to leave. After a point it’s too late to leave. 
Down here I have learned to understand how to wait to the last minute and which way to head. Lots of people left here before Hugo to go inland and get a room if you can find one, only to get whacked with high winds and tornados and stuff. 
I have it down… wait until I know where it is really going, and give the thousands and thousands of people time to get out and the roads to be clear of that standstill traffic. 

You have to know. I knew people that stayed in Garden City during Hugo they swore they would never be that stupid again lol

A direct hit over Cat 1 or you are in the NE quadrant, you don’t want to be there. 

Edited by strato

6 minutes ago, strato said:

Sure. You have to know when to leave. After a point it’s too late to leave. 
Down here I have learned to understand how to wait to the last minute and which way to head. Lots of people left here before Hugo to go inland and get a room if you can find one, only to get whacked with high winds and tornados and stuff. 
I have it down… wait until I know where it is really going, and give the thousands and thousands of people time to get out and the roads to be clear of that standstill traffic. 

You have to know. I knew people that stayed in Garden City during Hugo they swore they would never be that stupid again lol

A direct hit over Cat 1 or you are in the NE quadrant, you don’t want to be there. 

I had a good buddy ride out Irma on Key West. That was idiotic and they got very fortunate. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I had a good buddy ride out Irma on Key West. That was idiotic and they got very fortunate. 

Irma even got us up here. I think it was the first one in all my years here that put storm surge over here on the SC coast and was a gulf storm. I think we had 4-5 feet of surge on top of high tide it was crazy.