• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Not a football thread but y’all be safe

Panthers Fan 69

On 9/28/2024 at 2:52 AM, LinvilleGorge said:

I just need to confirm that the power is off on those lines. I can chainsaw and drag my way out of here pretty quick I'm just not fuging around near downed utility lines. The flooded road really isn't that bad. That water is a foot deep at max, most areas are more like 6". That water will recede below road level by nightfall. Of course the power company's emergency line is just ringing busy.

It’s a bit late but always treat down lines as live. Look after yourselves over there 

3 hours ago, rayzor said:

So much of the pics you pistook like the 40 acres we used to have up until a year ago. Big storms would always wreak havoc on us and every storm would bring something new, but consistently our pond would flow over (never over our dam thankfully) and we'd have tons of trees blown over that we'd have to clean up. Our driveway would have ruts formed in it that we're always a pain to correct.

I don't envy you the clean up. I've been there many times.

It's all good. We got very fortunate. Nothing urgent. Just stuff I can work on as time allows. I have friends with trees through their houses or crushed their car or their house completely flooded. I have some trees down that aren't bothering anything, got some sediment washed into my pond, and need some gravel on the driveway. No big deal.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Aussie Tank said:

It’s a bit late but always treat down lines as live. Look after yourselves over there 

Oh, I'm not messing with any of those tres until the power company comes out. I hacked me another way out through the edge of a neighbors yard along the woods. I'll take care of any damage caused by the traffic through which is just me crawling through in 4 low.

12 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I went to UNCA and still have many friends up there, visit frequently. Was just there in April. Haven’t heard from a single friend up there since early Friday. Makes me nervous. 

cell stuff is down a lot.. I lost a friend last week, the day I was going to see him (40 miles), he never answered my texts. So I get it. They are young and probably fine.