• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Not a football thread but y’all be safe

Panthers Fan 69

45 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

One thing that needs to be said here is that virtually all of this aid I'm seeing pour in isn't coming from the government. It's just coming from people. Roads are getting cleared by people like me with a chainsaw and a pickup. All this heavy equipment coming in is private industry stepping up. The vast majority of the helicopters constantly flying overhead delivering aid are private. I don't ever want to see another politician gripping and grinning anywhere around here.

Indeed. We just got back and will be heading back again this Friday for more help.  We talked with a lot of the private parties sans a few helicopter pilots at the hickory regional airport and it’s all being paid for by themselves. Really nice to see. Also, love him or hate him, the only the first real political figurehead out there was Mark Robinson. Like within a day he was out in the western part of the state.  Love him or hate him, that man does care for NC.  Coop took forever and please don’t get me started on the people above.  Not tying to stir anything up but yeah, most of this relief has been the people of NC and that is something we can be proud of.  

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There's only so much I can load into a 4runner so I drove down to Hickory to load helicopters. I figure that's just a more efficient use of what I can do.

My man we could have been loading Helis at the same time rubbing shoulder to shoulder and didn’t even know it. 

Finally was able  to get in touch with two of my guys from MTN City. One of their houses was washed away. Their wife and child were rescued from the blue truck you can barely see. The house washed away 30 minutes later.IMG_20241002_101952.thumb.jpg.d7b51dacb4a81fa4302d5b03e04d8fd2.jpg

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Sadly I'm not surprised. I was up around Linville and Spruce Pine yesterday and it's a wreck.

Yeah. And I wasn't trying to say that regular people aren't donating they're time and resources. They are, all over. I am and many others. I was born at watauga medical center and raised on Boone. This is very personal to me also. But I have seen tons of government resources in the area. It takes a collective effort and I think any political commentary is unproductive

4 minutes ago, Floppin said:

Yeah. And I wasn't trying to say that regular people aren't donating they're time and resources. They are, all over. I am and many others. I was born at watauga medical center and raised on Boone. This is very personal to me also. But I have seen tons of government resources in the area. It takes a collective effort and I think any political commentary is unproductive

The people I know in WNC are largely outside of Boone and Asheville and .gov is nowhere to be seen, per usual.