• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Not a football thread but y’all be safe

Panthers Fan 69

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Who has a plan for mother nature?

You can talk about it all you want. Nobody is stopping it.

When you see the seashell fossils in the mountains, and don't process that as being so much bigger than us, I think it's hard to say definitively what we could do about it anyway.

Just got off the phone with insurance adjuster. They're going to use every bit of fine print to deny coverage of everything. That tree down that is going to take out the fence when the limb holding it up snaps? Well, it hasn't actually hit the fence so that won't be covered. So I just need to wait for it to finish falling? No, you have to mitigate that. I've noted you saying that it hasn't hit the fence yet so that unfortunately will not be covered. You driveway? That was caused by a flood. Not covered. What about the portion of the driveway that wasn't flooded that was just eroded by runoff? Still a flood, not covered.

Cool. I'm cancelling every bit of insurance I carry that isn't required by my mortgage company for the house and the state of NC for vehicle liability. I won't pay an additional dime. Gonna be awesome paying these rate hikes on the backend of this for nothing.

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, strato said:

When you see the seashell fossils in the mountains, and don't process that as being so much bigger than us, I think it's hard to say definitively what we could do about it anyway.

Sea fossils in mountains were deposited on ocean or sea floors and uplifted in to mountains via the movement of plates, continental crust collisions, sea floor subduction, etc. 4+ billion years of mountain building and eroding and building repeated.  They weren't washed up there.

Edited by csx
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, csx said:

Sea fossils in mountains were deposited on ocean or sea floors and uplifted in to mountains via the movement of plates, continental crust collisions, sea floor subduction, etc. 4+ billion years of mountain building and eroding and building repeated.  They weren't washed up there.

Facts

This is the parking lot at Western Piedmont Community College. The power companies are using it for a staging area. They're absolutely busting their asses. They deserve a lot of credit. Still expecting to probably be out of power here at the house for several more days at least but we're fine. Generator is humming along.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Just got off the phone with insurance adjuster. They're going to use every bit of fine print to deny coverage of everything. That tree down that is going to take out the fence when the limb holding it up snaps? Well, it hasn't actually hit the fence so that won't be covered. So I just need to wait for it to finish falling? No, you have to mitigate that. I've noted you saying that it hasn't hit the fence yet so that unfortunately will not be covered. You driveway? That was caused by a flood. Not covered. What about the portion of the driveway that wasn't flooded that was just eroded by runoff? Still a flood, not covered.

Cool. I'm cancelling every bit of insurance I carry that isn't required by my mortgage company for the house and the state of NC for vehicle liability. I won't pay an additional dime. Gonna be awesome paying these rate hikes on the backend of this for nothing.

Insurance companies are a joke.  Always trying to weasel out of the service they have been paid to provide.