• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Not a football thread but y’all be safe

Panthers Fan 69

6 minutes ago, Basbear said:

not to sound like a smartass, but water runs down hill, always has. as my old friend said many times "theres limits to everything".  dam can only hold so much, same for creeks, rivers. It takes time to reach the ocean or absorb into the ground. no matter where you are 40inches of fast down fall is a problem, if in a valley, well no many are ready for a 1,000 year flood.  

Sorry, but I'm trying not to get pissed off by that "answer". It hit me wrong.

For anyone "not trying to sound like a smartass" I'm just interested in where they are expecting that water to run into and then what kind of effects they are anticipating downstream. There's got to be done flood concerns in those areas. Anyone know where those areas are?

8 minutes ago, Basbear said:

brother the worst thing these insurance companies do in these cases is file for bank bankruptcy, its happened so much on the coast-line and FL. Then no one gets paid and people stay hella mad the rest theres lives...

How often does that happen? I'm literally dealing with a denied claim where you have to pay experts to fight them and wait a long time to get anything to move forward. People strapped for cash wouldn't even be able to put up a fight. Renters get fugged hard too, even when they have renters insurance there are all kinds of programs they are left out of.

Insurance companies will just get subsidized by the government or have their problems pushed onto the public's dime and keep making profit every quarter while the stock market keeps going up.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Sorry, but I'm trying not to get pissed off by that "answer". It hit me wrong.

For anyone "not trying to sound like a smartass" I'm just interested in where they are expecting that water to run into and then what kind of effects they are anticipating downstream. There's got to be done flood concerns in those areas. Anyone know where those areas are?

again bro, not trying at all to be a ass. 

here is the flood map, you can enter any address- https://msc.fema.gov/portal/home

Im currently looking for new home and if i find one that checks boxes, ill use it to see if its in a flood plain.

dont hold me to the following, i think only the cape fear flows into the ocean, nearly all others flow into the sounds. theres one river that follows the opposite way, the only one in the world and i forget its name. the military has massive amounts of flood engineering across the carolina. If you bring up a map and you will see thousands and thousands of man made ponds and lake across the state. All done by design, they paid people to do that many years ago. 

17 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

To all my huddle family, I hope all of you and your families are safe. I'm in the PNW and my heart goes out to all of yall. Take care of yourselves and your family. 

This.

Me bitching about the coverage on TV not withstanding.  I hope all of you reprobates are well, your families are safe, and your property survives.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Waldo said:

How often does that happen? I'm literally dealing with a denied claim where you have to pay experts to fight them and wait a long time to get anything to move forward. People strapped for cash wouldn't even be able to put up a fight. Renters get fugged hard too, even when they have renters insurance there are all kinds of programs they are left out of.

Insurance companies will just get subsidized by the government or have their problems pushed onto the public's dime and keep making profit every quarter while the stock market keeps going up.

more often than than you think, at least in the past. One of tricks they used was only insuring wind damage and not "water" damage. Nearly all damage is water, wind+water= rain ...."thats water damage". 

Nearly all denied the claim for the first time, then they put you in the waiting game. If you combine your efforts with others that have similar claims, they just drag it out in the courts until years past and 1/3 of people have died, 1/3 anger has past and no longer care, the remaining 1/3 still wanting your money thats justly due. 

goodluck bro, its painful. If the amount is large enough, for sure find you a great(lol) lawyer....

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Basbear said:

again bro, not trying at all to be a ass. 

here is the flood map, you can enter any address- https://msc.fema.gov/portal/home

Im currently looking for new home and if i find one that checks boxes, ill use it to see if its in a flood plain.

dont hold me to the following, i think only the cape fear flows into the ocean, nearly all others flow into the sounds. theres one river that follows the opposite way, the only one in the world and i forget its name. the military has massive amounts of flood engineering across the carolina. If you bring up a map and you will see thousands and thousands of man made ponds and lake across the state. All done by design, they paid people to do that many years ago. 

Flood maps only show normal flooding. It doesn't take into account is flooding on it's way downhill. Also in the mountains wtf do mudslides get classified as in this situation? No idea but if your on the coast flood insurance is looking more and more necessary even if the flood map says your not at high risk.

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

more often than than you think, at least in the past. One of tricks they used was only insuring wind damage and not "water" damage. Nearly all damage is water, wind+water= rain ...."thats water damage". 

Nearly all denied the claim for the first time, then they put you in the waiting game. If you combine your efforts with others that have similar claims, they just drag it out in the courts until years past and 1/3 of people have died, 1/3 anger has past and no longer care, the remaining 1/3 still wanting your money thats justly due. 

goodluck bro, its painful. If the amount is large enough, for sure find you a great(lol) lawyer....

In nc it's either wind driver rain or water that comes from the ground up which is flood. The way it's written is sketchy and gives lots of wiggle room.

Thanks. Going to need it. It really stinks.

Haven't seen may insurance companies fail recently, not in NC at least. They are very proactive with negotiating with system regulators to not be responsible for anything that would hit too hard. Florida sounds on the edge of collapse but I haven't dealt with that in years thankfully.

4 minutes ago, Waldo said:

In nc it's either wind driver rain or water that comes from the ground up which is flood. The way it's written is sketchy and gives lots of wiggle room.

Thanks. Going to need it. It really stinks.

Haven't seen may insurance companies fail recently, not in NC at least. They are very proactive with negotiating with system regulators to not be responsible for anything that would hit too hard. Florida sounds on the edge of collapse but I haven't dealt with that in years thankfully.

getting a claim paid form water damage, GOODLUCK, even in NC. There are certain areas in FL where you can NOT even buy insurance!! Again Ive been looking to move form VI-FL and found out about companies refusing to do businesses in parts of FL. Ive recently been to fort myers area and thousands of homes had their roofs covered. Cash only deals and I seen why, but brother once I found out you can not even buy the scam insurance.....i dont need to live there. Others areas on the coast had the insurance companies filled bankruptcy, you can imagine the hate those people have.

heres another map, but its not going to have future or mudslides- https://www.nconemap.gov/maps/a178aae74ee347d786e853e5a442eea2/explore?location=35.257262%2C-77.759520%2C12.29

• Beer 1

Some NC rivers ultimately flow to Winyah Bay in Georgetown SC. It is always a delayed flooding thing downstream. 

Winyah Bay is dangerous at those times. And always; really nothing to fool with in general. 

map-of-pee-dee-river-basin.png

Edited by strato
  • Pie 2