• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Not a football thread but y’all be safe

30 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I think we got hit by a tornado. It's a warzone. Trees and power lines down everywhere. Looks like I'll probably be stuck at the house without power for days.

PXL_20240927_155512915.thumb.jpg.505808dfd641f275a72f375dad000396.jpg

Damn.  You and your family stay safe...

• Pie 1

I just need to confirm that the power is off on those lines. I can chainsaw and drag my way out of here pretty quick I'm just not fuging around near downed utility lines. The flooded road really isn't that bad. That water is a foot deep at max, most areas are more like 6". That water will recede below road level by nightfall. Of course the power company's emergency line is just ringing busy.

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I just need to confirm that the power is off on those lines. I can chainsaw and drag my way out of here pretty quick I'm just not fuging around near downed utility lines. The flooded road really isn't that bad. That water is a foot deep at max, most areas are more like 6". That water will recede below road level by nightfall. Of course the power company's emergency line is just ringing busy.

Man, you be safe. That looks really bad and dangerous. Hopefully, the water will recede like you think. Praying for everyone.

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It was never going to be anything like Hugo. That storm made landfall way nearer so the wind inland was far more intense.

4 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Hugo was a whooole different beast. That thing was still a hurricane over hickory NC.  I have never seen so much widespread damage from a storm that took years to clean up. 

I was half kidding when I said that.  I understand it’s a different thing.

However, Hugo broke the rules and got stronger after land fall. It looked like a bomb went off over most of the Piedmont.  To this day it remains the most frightening weather event I personally experienced.  We went 2 weeks without power in Lincoln county.  Hope to never experience anything like that again.

4 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Assuming they just mean that water could overflow the dam.  If the dam collapsed, that would be a major catastrophe.  

Yeah, the more I read about it that's what this is about. Doesn't sound like they're expecting a catastrophic failure, just that water will overflow which it's already doing. Yeah, that's a disaster in and if itself but the media has to get a hold of itself and start acting more responsibly. This hyperbolic bullshit has destroyed their credibility.

36 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

I was half kidding when I said that.  I understand it’s a different thing.

However, Hugo broke the rules and got stronger after land fall. It looked like a bomb went off over most of the Piedmont.  To this day it remains the most frightening weather event I personally experienced.  We went 2 weeks without power in Lincoln county.  Hope to never experience anything like that again.

Hugo looked like a nuke when it hit hickory. Never seen anything like it 

49 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Looks like Liberty tried to get the game rescheduled with App but App backed out.

That’s weird. We used to have mentality of anyone anywhere.  However with the levels of ineptitude in that athletic department that are leaking out then it doesn’t surprise me.