• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Not a football thread but y’all be safe

2 minutes ago, csx said:

There was a wicked line of thunderstorms that came through. Super narrow. They were probably only 20-30 miles long but they were lined up like a freight train. Some areas just got pounded night before last into yesterday then this. That's where the worst localized flooding is gonna be. That small strip that took the double dose.

20 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Here in the ATL metro. A lot of rain, but we didn’t lose power. Was getting flash flood warnings all night

I’m in Rome. Just rain. 

Buddy from school is in Bradenton, he’s good. His parents in Tampa not so much. He said he’s never seen a storm surge like this, even 1993. 

Saw one of my guys today who is an insurance adjuster and said most of the flooding won’t be covered in ATL. Something to do with being considered ground water. 

Edited by Gapanthersfan
  • Pie 1

This thing moved so fast, it isn't going to stall and drop water. It was moving at 30 mph which I don't seeing that very often if at all. 

edit and oops I posted while the Lake lure thing is being posted... I guess it's a good it was moving that fast. 

Edited by strato

I'm in upstate SC.  Worked all night the drive home was crazy and trees blocking roads everywhere.  Took 2 hours to find a way home and all the trees around my house but luckily none hit my house. No power and no time table for restoration

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Gapanthersfan said:

I’m in Rome. Just rain. 

Buddy from school is in Bradenton, he’s good. His parents in Tampa not so much. He said he’s never seen a storm surge like this, even 1993. 

Saw one of my guys today who is an insurance adjuster and said most of the flooding won’t be covered in ATL. Something to do with being considered ground water. 

Insurance companies trying to rip people off? Shocking.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

I'm in upstate SC.  Worked all night the drive home was crazy and trees blocking roads everywhere.  Took 2 hours to find a way home and all the trees around my house but luckily none hit my house. No power and no time table for restoration

Almost 2 million people without power in the Carolinas